Year 2~ Getting Ready and Leaving

Hermione Pov:

"Hey Jean!" I yelled from my room.

"Yes dear?" I heard her call from downstairs.

"Is it going to rain while we're camping?" I called as I walked to the top of the stairs, leaning over the railing.

"It shouldn't, but you never know. The weather man usually gets these wrong anyway. Take a rain coat and some rain boots." She said as she walked to the bottom of the stairs, looking up at me.

"Okay, thanks!" I yelled, running to my room. I grabbed my raincoat out if my closet and put it into my bag. I grabbed my rain boots, my tennis shoes, and a pair of slides and put them into a separate bag. I grabbed my hygiene bag and went back downstairs.

"Here, eat some lunch." Jean said as I sat walked through the kitchen. She set a plate with a sandwich and potato chips down in the table. I quickly put my bags down and sat down, picking up a chip and putting it into my mouth.

"What time are they getting here Hermione?" Jean asked as she sat opposite me, a plate of her own in front of her.

"They should be here around noon." I looked over at the clock on the stove to see what time it was. "Shot." I muttered, I quickly ate the rest of me sandwich and ran to try and tame my hair.

I heard a loud crack, then a knock on the door. I patted down my hair once more before walking to the door. 

"Is it them dear?" Jean asked, as she walked out of the kitchen and joined me at the door.

"Yeah." I said before opening the door and finding Pansy and Theo. "Hey Pansy! Hey Theo!" I squealed, pulling in than black haired witch for a hug. Once we broke apart, I pulled the dirt blonde in for a hug.

"Hey 'Mione." Theo said, grinning.

"Don't pay attention to him, he's been like that all day." Pansy rolled her eyes and waved her hand dismissively.

"Eh hem." A black haired witch coughed quietly, but loud enough to get our attention.

"Oh, yeah, this is my mum." Pansy said, turning to the witch.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Parkinson." Jean smiled, shaking Mrs. Parkinson's hand.

"Oh the pleasure is mine. And please, call me Scintillam or Tilla." Tilla said through a forced smile, though if Jean noticed, she didn't show it. "Well, as much as I would love to stay and chat. I must get going, I have a meeting I mustn't be late for." And with that, she turned on her heal and apperated with a loud crack.

"Sorry about my mum, she doesn't really- well, she isn't used to being around muggles." Pansy said. I gave her a warm smile and was about to respond when we heard another crack. We turned around and grinned when we saw our two favorite hippos.

"Hey guys!" I smiled as they walked towards us.

"Hey Hermione." Crabbe said as he hugged me.

"Wow, we don't get a hi? And I don't even get a hug?" Theo exclaimed as Goyle let go of Pansy and walked over to hug me, Crabbe going to hug Pansy.

"It's because you're too loud." Pansy retorted as she and I let go of Crabbe and Goyle.

"You know what, Mrs. Granger was my favorite anyway." He crossed his arms and walked over to Jean.

"Oh that's sweet Theo. And you all don't have to call me Mrs. Granger, just call me Jean." She smiled. We all nodded and laughed at Theo that we didn't hear another loud crack.

"What'd we miss?" I turned around to see a smirking Draco and a pouting Blaise.

"Draco!" I ran over to my best friend and practically jumping on him for a hug. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey 'Mione." He chuckled again as I pulled back.

"Wow, no 'Hi Blaise' or even a 'hey'? I'm hurt." Blaise pouted, grabbing his heart in mock hurt.

"Hi Blaise." I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug.

"Hey 'Mione." He laughed as we broke the hug. I stepped back and noticed a blond haired witch who looked a lot like Draco, standing behind Blaise and Draco.

"Hi, I'm Hermione." I said, embarrassed about what I just did to her son.

"Oh I know exactly who you are, Draco talks about you all the time." She smiled, it was warm, not forced like Tilla's had been. "As much as I would love to stay, Lucius needs me for a business deal. Have fun Draco, Blaise." She was about to turn and leave when she turned back and looked at Jean.

"And I would love to have tea with you sometime Mrs. Granger."

"I would like that very much, thank you Mrs. Malfoy." Jean smiled warmly back before Mrs. Malfoy turned and apperated with a loud crack.

"Draco, where's Ares?" I asked, turning back to the bonde.

"Oh, yeah, uh-" He quickly twisted around and reached into his bag. "Here." He handed me the black snake.

"You stuffed him in your bag?" I practically yelled as I took Ares and stroked his head as he wrapped himself around my arm. "Well, you're never snake-sitting again." I muttered, glaring at my best friend.

"That's what you think." He smirked. Before I could respond, Theo spoke up.

"So, are we done with this sappy romance stuff? I can't wait any longer to go camping!" He yelled as he threw his arms over Draco and I's shoulders.

"Oh shush. And we have to wait for Henry to get back from work before we can go. Want to go inside while we wait?" I asked, i just noticed Jean had already went back inside.

"Yes! I want to see your room!" Pansy squealed as she grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the boys.

"We'll be up in my room. Call us down when Henry gets back!" I called to Jean who was reading a magazine in the living room.

"Okay dear, have fun." She said.

I showed them the way to my room and we all piled into the purple room. Draco, Pansy, and I sat on my bed while Theo was on my dresser, Blaise in the chair to my desk, and Crabbe and Goyle on the floor.

"Theo, do you have to sit on my dresser?" I sighed, hoping he wouldn't break it.

"Well sorry that you have a small room." I just rolled my eyes but said nothing.

"Okay, so what are we going to do?" Blaise asked after a minute of silence.

"What do you mean?" Pansy asked, sitting up from laying on my bed.

"Camping, what else?" Draco rolled his eyes. I slapped his shoulder lightly.

"Anyway... what are we going to do?" Blaise asked again.

"Oh, yeah, well, I hope you guys brought your swim suits because the lake there is amazing! So, obviously we're going swimming. But other than that we'll be at the campsite the whole time. Although we'll probably go on hikes and stuff." I told them.

"Okay. I can't wait!" Theo exclaimed.

"Theo, you sound like on if the fourth year girls who's about to go to a Weird Sisters concert." Draco said, causing everyone- except Theo- to laugh.

"Well sorry I'm excited to go camping." He muttered.

"Oh Theo, everyone is excited." Pansy rolled her eyes.