Year One~ Naming

"Hermione- why, why is there- a, a snake on your- your leg?" Jean stammered.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce you! This is my pet snake, I choice him from the pet store." I said smiling. He slithered up my leg onto my outstretched arm.

"Okay. Does he have a name?" Henry asked.

"Well, I can't decide between two name, Erebus and Ares. Erebus is the Greek god of darkness and Ares is the Greek god of war." I said.

"Cool, he really is a magnificent creature. Look at him." Henry whistled, he had always liked snakes and other reptiles.

"I know." I smiled, proud of my pet. "I'm actually really worn out from today, I think I'm going to turn in for the night."

"Okay dear. Goodnight." Jean waved to me before I walked up the stairs.

"Okay, I expect an answer in the morning." I teased as my snake untangled himself from my arm.

"Okay I'll think about it." He hissed as he stretched out on my desk before laying his head down and falling asleep. I smiled to myself and changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. I quickly fell asleep dreaming about nothing.

I woke up yo the smell of something burning. I sat up quickly and ran downstairs. "What happened? What's burning?" I yelled as I searched the room for the fire.

"SORRY! That's me. I tried making you a special breakfast because you're leaving today." Henry sighed, "I probably should have asked jean for help. Yeah, last time I ever try to make toast." He muttered.

"You burnt toast?" I exclaimed, starting to laugh.

"Yeah yeah I burnt toast." He sneered playfully before laughing with me.

"Why don't you just stick to making cereal." I giggled.

"Yeah, why don't we make some oatmeal? And by 'we' I mean mainly you and I support you and cheer for you." He said smirking.

"Okay." I smiled and told him to get the start cutting up strawberries and bananas while I started measuring out the oats. I told Henry to put the fruit into the pan that had the oats so I could put water in it before putting it on the stove. "Okay, want to try again on the toast?"

"Sure." He laughed and grabbed two pieces of bread and the toaster. I showed him how to make toast without burning it. Neither of us noticed Jean Watching from the doorway.

I turned around and was about to call her down for breakfast when I saw her in the doorway smiling. "What?" I asked confused.

"Nothing, it's just nice to see you two like this, even when you know the truth." She said, a single tear falling down her face. She quickly whipped it away and grabbed a bowl.

"So, lets eat, shall we?" She smiled again. I nodded and grabbed my own bowl and put some oatmeal in mine and her's.

We ate at the table as a family, talking about the weather and this one kid bit Henry the other day at his job, he's a dentist. "Jean, Henry, you guys know that even though I know I'm adopted, I still love you guys. You raised me as your own, you loved me and cared for me. I will always be grateful for that and I will always love you guys." I said tearing up and hugging them.

"Oh Hermione, we love you too." Jean said hugging me back, Henry joined in.

"Now, have you decided on a name for that stunning snake of yours?" Henry asked when we broke the hug.

"Oh! Yeah, I'll go get him." I grinned and ran upstairs to get him. "So, have you decided on a name?" I asked as he slithered up me arm.

"Yesss, Aresss. I like the thought of being the Greek god of war." He hissed, it almost looked like he was grinning.