Year One~ Last Day of First Year Part 2

"I can't believe today is our last day of first year." I whispered to no one in particular, grabbing a green apple from the bowl in front of me.

"I know, me neither. It feels like just yesterday Blaise and I asked you two to join us in our little rowboat." Pansy smiled at the old memory, waving her hand absently towards Draco and I.

"Yeah, then we came downstairs to these three buffoons." I teased, pointing my finger at Theo, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Hey! I would much rather be called a different animal than a monkey who had no hair on his butt." Theo said, turning his head up, mock hurt on his face.

"Okay, fine, what about...." Pansy trailed off, tapping her finger on her chin in concentration.

"SNAKES!" Draco yelled, causing some older Slytherin's to give us a few weird looks before continuing their own conversation's.

I rolled my eyes. "You couldn't think of anything more original than our house mascot?"

"' You couldn't think of anything more original than our house mascot?'" Draco mocked me. "Owww." He whined when I smacked his shoulder.

"Oh oh oh! What about hippo's? You know because they never stop eating!" Blaise said excited.

"Yeah! Perfect Blaise!" I smiled at my other best friend.

"Okay, that fits perfect for these two." Theo paused, motioning to Crabbe and Goyle who were currently back to stuffing their faces. "Because they eat and look like hippo's, but what about me? I'm a skinny little twig!"

"Theo, mate, that's not something you should really be proud of..." Blaise trailled off, laughing with Draco, Pansy and I.

"Oh." His mumbled when he fully realized what he had just said. The boys howled with laughter while Pansy and I rolled our eyes, suppressing our own laughs.

"How about praying mantis?" I suggested, hiding my smirk, for now.

"That sounds cool! Aren't those the weird green bugs?" Theo asked.

"Oh yeah, but let me explain why I chose that bug...." I trailed off, my smirk showing slightly. I nudged Draco on the shoulder with my own when I saw him smirk, raising his eyebrows when he realized what I was thinking.

"Okay." Theo took one of Pansy's watermelon slices off ehr plate, earning a smack from the dark haired witch.

"Well, first off their really skinny, although the males can lift almost twice their weight." I paused, letting Theo grin before ruining his joy. "But, once they mate with a female mantis, the female will eat the male, because he's weak after the mating." I smirked fully now, secretly high-fiving Draco under the table.

"Oh." Was all Theo could say, his face went from grinning to pale as if he had seen a ghost, which wouldn't be uncommon since there were more than one floating around, along with a poltergeist Peeves.

"Want to go pack our things Pansy?"

"Sure." She said happily, snatching her roll back from Theo, which he had snuck off her plate.

"Can I come? I want to see Ares while your packing." Draco asked as he stood up, not waiting for an answer.

"Sure, totally Draco." Pansy rolled her eyes as we followed the blonde out of the Great Hall, leaving the rest of our friends eating. Pansy and I were in the middle of talking about charms class and how Weasley couldn't a simple levitation charm correct when Draco turned around abruptly and shushed us.

"Shh! Potter around the corner! I want to hear what he's saying." Pansy rolled her eyes, opening her mouth to say something before I gave her a look that said save-it-for-latter.