Yuki Sohma- Embrace

Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket characters or the song in this one shot.
"More Than Words" by Extreme.

(A/N) I kind of got hot from this story... Holy cow! *I'M MARRIED TO KYO, TO KYO, TO KYO!* Please enjoy!
---
You wait patiently on the park bench. You cross your legs and uncross them again, growing impatient. Yuki-kun is supposed to be meeting you at this park today. You look at your phone and see it's 2:56. Yuki-kun said he would meet you here at 2:50. You sigh angrily and stand, searching for the silver haired boy.

Where on earth could he be?

You sigh, reassuring yourself that he would be here any second now. You look back to the clock on your phone: 2:57. Time seems to drag on slowly. You fix your navy skirt and hair as you sit back down on the bench.

The only reason you could be so patient with Yuki was because you liked him a lot. He always would wander in your mind, his smile would always send your heart a quiver. His sultry voice made you melt. His violet eyes were what every girl at school wanted to see. After all, he is the infamous Prince Yuki Sohma. His reputation is so grand, they even added the "prince" to his name. A bunch of squealing fan girls have created a club just on preserving Yuki-kun's beauty. They would do what they had to to keep every other female away from him. You have found yourself slowly falling for him. It was an accident, you remind yourself, but you know it couldn't have been one. You never wanted to fall in love with him because of his curse, the curse that binds his family into a realm of unimaginable misery. You shiver just thinking about the pain Yuki-kun has told you he has endured. He said he trusts you with his life, he said you are the only outsider that knows of this curse. You promised to take it with you to the grave.

You look to the park in front of you. Out of the corner of your eyes, you see someone running towards you as if their life depended on getting somewhere. Surprised, you turn to face the person now panting by your side.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. My meeting ran a bit longer then I expected," Yuki-kun pants, bowing his head to you. He lifts his head and locks his gaze with yours. You smile at him and he returns your smile.

"It's alright Yuki-kun," You say happily, happy he finally came. His eyes sparkle in the sun. He wipes the sweat off of his brow as he stands. His silver hair falls in front of his eyes so he elegantly moves it out of the way.

It's incredible how he does such normal things but makes them seem so... beautiful, you think, trying not to stare at Yuki-kun. He looks over at you and gives you a small smile as he says, "We best be on our way." You nod and walk side by side with him.

---

He has taken you to another park that has more trees, more shadows and less people. He sighs and sits on the root of an enormous oak tree. He pats the place next to him as he says, "Would you care to sit with me?" You nod and sit with him.

"Yuki-kun, lately you have been so busy with the Student Council," You begin, nervously fiddling with your hands. You look over to him, and utter a small gasp as you see Yuki-kun, staring at you intently, his violet eyes gone cold as he listens to you.

"I have been wondering... What have you b-been doing?" You stutter nervously, looking away from his gaze to stare at your shoes. You feel afraid of this icy stare. It makes your skin crawl.

"Just business. There is no need for you to worry," Yuki-kun says coldly, pushing his hair out of his eyes. He looks at the empty park in front of him. You take this chance to look at his masculine profile, secretly wanting him to hold you in his arms. You shake the thought out of your head. If you even had the courage to touch him, he would know you love him, you scold yourself. You let out a sigh and put your hands in your lap.