Shigure Sohma- Together

Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket characters or the song listed with the story.

"Part of Me, Part of You" by Glen Frey.

It's been a while since you've visited Shigure-san. Lately, he's been keeping up with his deadlines on his sequel to "Summer Colored Sigh". He said it would make him a lot of money, and if he could get wealthy enough, you would finally love him. Every time he would mention this silly reason, all you could do was laugh. He didn't really know how much you already do love him.

Whether he's acting like a pervert towards Honda-chan, or acting as immature as a seven year old, something about Shigure-san always made you happy. His smile, his eyes and just who he is made you feel like if you had not met him at that writing workshop, your life would never feel complete. He has told you many things about himself, including the curse that has warped his family. He says he shouldn't have made you worry with all of the "petty details" of his life, but he felt that you could be trusted. Shigure-san said he cared for you as if you were his little sister.

You smile. Shigure-san promised to come over tonight. You were going to cook a nice meal for him, one more meal before he has to go off and hide in his room for months. Sometimes you worry about him when he writes; sometimes he doesn't make any contact with his family or you.

But in the end, Shigure-san always pulls through. He always ends up with a smile on his face. You take a look at the clock on your kitchen counter: 5:45 PM. He would be here in twenty minutes, giving you just enough time to finish the meal you were almost done creating. You continue making a delicious meal that includes salad and cookies for dessert. You really hope Shigure-san likes the chicken you cooked. You wipe the sweat off of your brow. You impatiently look at the clock again: 5:52 PM. You groan. It feels like I have been waiting for forever! You think in exasperation.

You finish and dress the salad. It looks delicious, well, to you anyway. Suddenly, you hear someone knocking on your door. You gasp. If it's Shigure-san, I'm in big trouble! I've been cooking all day and I haven't prepared myself! You think as you dry your hands. You sigh, admitting defeat as you answer the door.

"H-Hello?" You ask quietly.

"Well look at my beautiful mistress! Wow, I am soooo lucky~!" Shigure-san says loudly, pecking you on the cheek as he passes you through the door. You blush, letting him through. You shut the door behind you and look at Shigure-san. He is wearing his traditional kimono, the one he wears when he is focusing on his writing. A wave of pain washes over you only for a moment.

"Thank you so much, my lady love! For this dinner!" Shigure-san says, bowing deeply to you. You smile and pat his head.

"It's no problem at all, Shigure-san!" You say quietly, as he lifts his head.

"Do you need any help?" He asks, with a small smile. He holds your hand delicately. You blush and let go, knowing he is just naturally flirtacious and he doesn't mean to make you fall for him.

"N-No." You whisper, turning away. You have an idea to make this moment less awkward for you.

"Here! Shigure-san, can you please turn on the radio?" You ask as you go to retrieve the food.

"Sure thing, lady love!" Shigure-san calls back happily. You roll your eyes.

Soon, an unfamiliar tune can be heard from the dining room. Startled, you go to see what is playing. You see Shigure-san happily dancing to a song you haven't heard of.

"I looooove this song~!" Shigure-san says happily. His big, kind smile vanishes instantly. You look up at him confused. He grabs your hands and holds them in his. For some reason, you let Shigure-san keep hold of your hands. His eyes are serious, and somewhat... alluring.

I felt it when the sun came up this morning

I knew I could not wait another day

Darling, there is somethin' I must tell you

A distant voice is calling me away

Until we find the bridge across forever
Until this grand illusion brings us home
You and I will always be together
From this day on you'll never walk alone

"You're all I can ever think about. I can't even think about the characters in my story," Shigure-san says, looking into your eyes. He moves a piece of hair away from your eyes and touches your face.

"But... Shigure-san, are you.. are you serious?" You ask in a whisper, squeezing his hands in yours. He looks down to your hands, noticing that you are squeezing them. He just smiles tenderly and sings the next lines.

You're a part of me, I'm a part of you
Wherever we may travel, whatever we go through
Whatever time may take away
It cannot change the way we feel today
So hold me close and say you feel it too
You're part of me and I am part of you

"I love you. I love you so much," Shigure-san whispers huskily, before closing his eyes and kissing your neck. You shut your eyes and smile, enjoying this moment and listen to this song, this song you will never forget.

I can hear it when I stand beside the river
I can see it when I look up in the sky
I can feel it when I hear that lonesome highway
So many miles to go before I die

We can never know about tomorrow
But still we have to choose which way to go
You and I are standing at the crossroads
Darling, there is one thing you should know

You're a part of me, I'm a part of you
Wherever we may travel, whatever we go through
Whatever time may take away
It cannot change the way we feel today
So hold me close and say you feel it too
You're part of me, I am part of you, part of you

I look at you, your whole life stands before you
I look at me and I'm running out of time
Time has brought us here to share these moments
To look for somethin' we may never find

Until we find the bridge across forever
Until this grand illusion brings us home
You and I will always be together
From this day on you'll never walk alone

You're a part of me, I'm a part of you
Wherever we may travel, whatever we go through
Whatever time may take away
It cannot change the way we feel today
So hold me close and say you feel it too
You're part of me, I am part of you, part of you

Part of me, part of you, part of me, part of you

"Let's kiss..." Shigure-san says, after the song ends. He comes closer but you laugh, and push him away.

"Let's eat!" You say with a nod, leaving Shigure-san with the taste of his own medicine in his mouth.

"Okay... After dinner then..." Shigure says softly, pouting. You laugh, knowing your life with him will only get better for the both of you.