Mia

After hours of speaking to the police, I finally pulled up at my apartment mentally and physically exhausted. The images of the man laying there drowning in his own blood wouldn't seem to leave my mind every time I blinked. Could I have done something different to save him, maybe I couldn't feel his pulse and my stall stopped me from being able to find a medic. So many thoughts running through my mind. Who were those people, did they kill him? Answers I may never find.

I didn't tell the police about them, call it an instinct but our story was 'we heard gun shots and ran towards it'. Poor lex was taken in with the ambulance and I couldn't be with her with the new covid rules only allowing immediate family members as guardian or visitors.
I walked through my apartment and double checked that all my locks were in place and headed towards my bathroom. As I washed my hands and got into my bath, the day hit me and my tears, now flowing uncontrollably. The past three days have taken a toll on us and my anger towards my own tiredness didnt go unnoticed. But I needed a break after this. Lexi needs a break, thinking of how far she's come out of her shell has me smiling through my tears and helped put my mind at ease.
Popping out of the shower I took a few pain killers and tried to fall into a deep sleep.