Chapter 4- Run.

The journey to our dormitories was silent. Vincent leaned on the wall with arms crossed while I looked at my reflection on the elevator doors.

I suppose I do need a new look. I'm sure Vincent gets tired of seeing the plain old me with nothing much changing. It's been 3 years with the same look. Wait.. Why would I care what Vincent thinks?!

When we felt the elevator stop we both headed out. Vincent walked with his hands in his pockets. As I look at him, I realize how cool he looks. The way he walks, the way he talks, the smirks he gives and the clothes he wears. To my realization, he's one cool motherfucker.

Vincent then looks over his shoulder and glances at me. I quickly look away and he pauses, "Ev, you've been very observant of me today." He said in a deep voice that would make your insides melt.

"It's nothing really," I assured him, "just realizing how much you've changed."

"Hmm?" He said while raising an eyebrow.

"Well," I said while putting a strand of hair behind my ear, "you've matured since we first met. It's only been 3 years that we've been companions but I can see much difference in you."

"Is that so." He said slightly pouting his lips while firmly looking forward.

"Mm-hmm." I said nodding and started to walk again. He walked by my side until we both got to our dorms. His was right across mine.

Vincent then removed his hands from his pocket and put in the lock code of his room making the doors open. He glanced at me with his beautiful grey eyes and said, "goodnight. Sleep well."

"Same goes for you." I said turning away from him and entering my room. As soon as the door closed I laid my back against it and sat down.

"You're so odd Vince." I told myself, "you're distant but close. You're cold but warm."

I sighed and stood up. I took a shower and changed into my pajamas for what lied ahead was a mystery. I dried my hair, turned the lights off and laid in bed, looking at my ceiling.

Vincent's probably smoking in the balcony of his room. It's typical of him to relax by smoking. His breath never smelled like smoke though and he's never had a breathing problem. What does his body do to keep those side effects away from him?

My thoughts drifted me to sleep.

I found myself staring at the ghoul I encountered back when I was 14. His laugh, the wide maddening grin, the blood all over him. I was reliving what I feared the most.

I wanted to run away but I couldn't. The ghoul was coming closer. I couldn't move. I could feel myself not breathing. The ghoul's grin was starting to open exposing his teeth.

He's gonna eat me!
He's gonna eat me!
Some one help me!

I started to pant and panic. My heart was racing, I could hear ringing in my ears. I was sweating and I was lacking air.

The ghoul then launched itself onto me and bit my neck. Suddenly that surge of pain came back to me. I screamed from the top of my lungs but nothing would come out. My blood was gushing everywhere as the ghoul was biting my neck and ripping flesh off it. The ghoul then looked at me and smiled and started to head for my eyes.

"Everly! EVERLY!"

My eyes flicked open and I found myself staring at Vincent right in front of me.

He gave a sigh and sat me up. Once I sat up, I touched my face.

Tears. I was crying wasn't I?