Chapter 1-Prophecy Unfold

Chapter 1—Prophecy Unfold

Life was uncertain.

Sometimes, people are born rich. Sometimes, people are born poor. Sometimes, there are people who works their blood and sweat for it.

Life was uncertain. Even a nobody could become somebody. A side character into a peerless bigshot.

It just came. The opportunity, that is. Sometimes, fortune comes unexpected. And many had realized that. One of them, was Jason King.

Jason is a nobody. No parents, no friends, no life. He never had any ambition. Until one day, he realized one.

He wanted to become someone. Someone that matters, someone respected.

Sadly, he didn't have any talent. He is mediocre in most aspects, except one. Virtual gaming. Since 2059, the world of gaming had evolved. It connects straight to the nerves.

It created an uproar, the first time it was released. A decade later, 2069, almost half of earth's population had a NIVH. NIVH, Neural Interface Virtual Headset.

NIVH send an electronic signal directly into human brain, controlling all 5 senses.

After a decade of it's release, the price plummeted from several dozen of grand to a few hundred bucks. Even the cheapest NIVH can cause a sensation to one.

Jason King, known as Regulus in various of virtual games. The king, sovereign, ruler, overlord, and many other titles that others had nicknamed him.

But one by one, those virtual games faded. He had built his reputation in one, in order to lose it over time. But not this game.

Several days ago, The major companies and enterprises that majored on NIVH, suddenly announced a shocking statement.

They stated a merger.

All those company that ruled over the production, and distribution of NIVHs merged into one. They stand by the name, NVC. New Virtual Corporation.

And they also announced a second thing: A launch of one and only one game of NVC.

In addition, they invested quite a lot into the game.

However, the shock continues.

Just after the release of the statement, the NVC, fired all of their employees and sold their headquarter.

And suddenly, they vanished.

One week later, the date of game's launch was announced, following with an international discussion site called "The Forum" appeared.

The hype didn't stop there. Several dozens of large corporations, billionaires, invested a whole lot into the game.

Even those who never tried Virtual Games was affected.

In fact, Jason himself was invited into many major corporations, which formed their own gaming workshop.

But Jason refused.

He wanted to build his own workshop from scratch. That way, his name will engraved inside the history of gaming.

He will stand at the peak of virtual gaming.

But first, he needed money.

Jason is currently living in 4x4 flat in a crappy apartement in Federal Heights, Colorado, US. Although Federal Heights was not the best town, it's still near Denver, a metropolitan city.

Jason only had several bucks left inside his account. For several years, all his income came from virtual games.

Even so, he managed to buy a NTR-5000 from the market. Although it's considered mediocre among NIVHs, it still costs a few grand.

Jason was still twenty-years-old. He's a half year away from his birthday.

Even so, he has deep experience and practically a veteran in virtual games. He had many experience in it, especially RPG games.

And now, the NVC game's was only an hour from it's launch date.

— — — — —

Jason King is currently seating on a large coach. He was holding a thin glass pad with a cracked edge.

Jason himself was quite muscular, despite being a virtual gamer. He also had clean black hair, and a young handsome appearance

Jason gently touched the pad, sweeping through the surface.

He was currently browsing in the Forum. Suddenly, a post popped in front of him. Jason frowned, excitement filled his eyes.

NVC had just posted an announcement.

He quickly clicked the post. Two large words was the first thing he saw when he opened it.

PROPHECY UNFOLD!

After a time reading it, he discovered that the game's genre was RPG.

Virtual RPG games was extremely different than ordinary RPG games such as Ragnarok, Everquest, Dragon Nest, Warcraft, etc.

Virtual RPG games was extremely realistic. Even with the cheapest NIVH device, one cannot differ it between reality or game.

Many of Virtual RPG games also not dependent on levels, unlike many old RPG games. They focus on combat technique, strategy, and skill utilization.

Even so, levels actually matters is small-scale battles, although it's easy to overwhelm.

Jason mouth curled into a smile, he felt that he was truly fortunate. RPG games was his specialty among his virtual gaming career.

Very quickly, the post reached 1 billion viewers. Various discussion was heating up in the forum.

Among the nearly 10 billion population, almost 1.5 billion signed up for NVC one and only game's first wave.

That was insane!

That was almost 20% of the world population!

Even the former world-record for the most players in a virtual RPG game was 300,000,000 or so. And this was only Prophecy Unfold's first wave! In over a week, the players might actually doubles!

Jason took a deep breath.

He realized how ridiculous his dream were. Among billions of players, how could he reign on the peak? Even among experts, he was only mediocre.

But even so, he didn't give up.

He took his NIVH, which was on a size of a headband. The first generation of NIVH uses large and heavy helmets, but as time goes on, it gradually became smaller.

Although NTR-5000 was trash, it can be considered among the new generation.

He wore his NIVH, closing his eye.

"My era has come."