Chapter 8-Imp Forest

Chapter 8—Imp Forest

Jason traveled for 5 minutes straight.

[System: You have received a call from Keen Blade.]

"Hm? Answer." A video popped up in front of him, "What's up?"

"Brother, are you heading toward the Level 5 area, Imp Forest?" Keen Blade hurriedly spoke.

"Yes I am." He honestly answered. "This..whatever. I'm asking if you want to team up to kill the Goblin Nests's field boss?" Keen Blade said.

"Hm? Is it not a party?" There was a difference between a party and a team. A team is consisted of several parties.

A party consists of a maximum of 10 players, and a party only has some classes. While a team consists of at least 20 players, and it contained all of the classes.

Different classes are needed for different things. Knight, Assassin, and Berserkers can become damage dealer. Guardian can become Tankers, and Clerics can heal them. Hunters can attack from afar.

Warlocks can casts debuffs at enemies, and Summoners can use different things with their summons. Druids are the mages's clerics, and can also casts various buffs at the team. Elementalists can do various tricks with their wide variety of spells.

"No, cause we needed more players anyway. In that case, should I just gather the party that defeated [Three-Headed Goblin] for the Field Boss?"

"No, use the the Team you gathered. I've arrived, I'll contact you later." Jason hang up the call.

A dense forest made from dead trees was in front of him.

[System: You have discovered Imp Forest.]

"Jeez, it's really terrifying." Jason muttered. The Imp Forest was almost two kilometers wide and eight kilometres long. It's divided into three parts.

The External forest, Internal forest, and the Heart Of The Forest.

The External forest only has level 5 to level 7 monsters roaming, while the Internal forest has level 8 to level 10 monsters roaming. As for the Heart Of The Forest, it only contained a single Field Boss, the [Imp Lord, Morax].

Titled Boss are way stronger than ordinary Bosses. The Library Of The Prophet said that Morax was the strongest Imp out of the fifth demon legion. Unfortunately, during a great war, Morax was exiled and his power rapidly decreased.

Jason exhaled, drawing the [Goblin Claymore] and taking out the [Wooden Cane].

"Time to level." He mumbled, approaching the outer region of the forest.

The Outer region's dead trees was not as dense as the Inner region of the forest, but the temperature drastically increased.

[System: You have been inflicted by [Imp Lord, Morax]'s curse. Ice and water attributes will have a 30% decrease, and stamina consumption increased by 15%. Fire attributes will have a 20% increase.]

Jason slowly began to sweat. "I'm currently level 3. Most of the mobs here are too strong for me." He began heading to the left.

Slowly, the environment had some minor changes. Large grey rocks are now replacing the dead trees.

Soon, Jason found what he was looking for.

[Flame Ogre] (Ogre, Common)

Level 5

HP: 2400/2400

"Sure enough, it has a lot of health." Jason muttered. He then began chanting [Mana Arrow].

The arrow struck the [Flame Ogre], attracting it's aggro. Jason dashed forward, with a speed faster than even assassin at this stage of game.

He had 7 points of agility.

The [Flame Ogre]'s both fists struck forward, aiming for Jason.

Jason pivoted, without decreasing his speed. He then leaped forward, executing a spin-slash at it's waist.

-175!

He then rolled forward, as the [Flame Ogre] sluggishly turned, facing him.

However, he casts a [Fireball] and blasted the Ogre with it.

-220!!!

He got a critical! With the 20% increase, his damage should be 150 or so. A critical can deal double the damage, however, the [Flame Ogre] has high fire resistance.

But, the [Fireball] was more than enough to stun the [Flame Ogre].

He quickly leaped upwards, executing three slashes in a row, aiming for the [Flame Ogre]'s neck.

-350!!!

-350!!!

-175!

Two out of three of his strikes dealt critical damage. If one aimed for the vital parts, it has a higher chance to deal a critical strike.

The [Flame Ogre] had less than 50% of it's health left. "Oh, it's decreasing."

Just as he spoke, the [Flame Ogre]'s health actually was slowly decreasing. A green acid-like substance was corroding the Ogre's neck. "This sword is really useful!"

"ROAR!" The [Flame Ogre] let out a deafening roar.

Both of it's palms scorched in fire, as it rushed at Jason.

Jason blasted forward, a [Mana Arrow] appeared on the sky, piercing the Ogre.

He slowed down his pace, as the Ogre was only a few meters in front of him. The Ogre swung it's flaming fist, doing a left hook.

Jason lowered his body, bending his back. The punch missed, but an uppercut followed closely. He pounced back, parrying the punch with his sword.

-95!

His health instantly fell below 10%.

"His strength is insane!" Jason grunted. People can feel real pain inside Prophecy Unfold, although it was severely reduced.

Jason then lunged forward, strolling to the Ogre's left.

He repeated his attack patterns as before, swiftly killing the Ogre.

[System: You have slain a [Flame Ogre]. +154 EXP]

His experience bar immediately rose. He just needed 30% more of his bar before he reaches level 4. He then retreated to a safe place, sitting down.

He began consuming [Rotten Bread], increasing his HP by 3 for each bite.

He also consumed [Enchanced Water], increasing his mana regeneration by 1% each bottle.

He rested for more than 20 minutes, filling his health and mana back to full. His stamina has also recovered.

"Alright, it's hunting time." He unsheathed his sword, and took his cane.

[System: You have slain a [Flame Ogre]. +154 EXP]

[System: You have slain a [Flame Ogre]. +147 EXP]

[System: You have slain a [Mini-Imp]. +115 EXP]

He finally become exhausted after slaying so many monsters. He spent one and a half hour just to get up to level 5.

He adjusted his breath, stumbling toward the border of the Imp Forest. He took a lot of time just killing one of the mob, hiding, and recovering. Then he came back, slain another one, hides, and recovered.

Although it was tiring, he now possess 10 more points and Mastery points.

Both of his [Mana Arrow] and [Fireball] has also upgraded into level 2.