A walk through memories Chapter 1

I feel heavy,it hurts every where.I slowly opened my eyes and quickly shut it again as light streamed through it.

Where am I?

Who am I even?

I opened my eyes slowly again trying to adjust it to the blinding light.I heard footsteps rushing towards me and I quickly turned my head in that direction and the sharp pain I felt piercing through me pushed my head back down.

"Miss are you alright...Can you hear me miss?" I tried to talk but I winced immediately,I opened my mouth to utter something but my throat felt awfully dry.

"Don't worry Miss you don't have to talk just nod if you can hear me"I did nod.

"Good okay stay calm while I go get the doctor for you that ok?"I nodded again and she smiled and rushed out.

Where on earth am I?

What happened to me?

Why does it hurt so much?

I saw two doctors and some nurses rush in through the door.

"I see you're awake miss,I'm Doctor Jones and that is Doctor Bruyne.How are you feeling?"

I tried to talk again but the burning sensation in my throat was too much to bear.

"Get her some water."Doctor Bruyne ordered one of the nurses.

After drinking the whole can I finally manage to croak out some words
"Where am I?" I asked looking at them hoping that they'll help me understand why I'm feeling this awful.

"Miss you've been here in a coma for a year now.We believe you were in a car accident last year and you were the only survivor.The accident caused a major damage to your brain so you lost your memory we hope you'll get it soon but it would take a lot of time to recover it fully,we are sorry about that miss.Your aunt will be here soon we've told her you're awake.We know this is a lot to take in but with time you'll understand okay?" I nodded again but now now the question is do I understand anything he just said absolutely not I mean why is my my aunt coming instead of my parents?

What is my name?

I thought to myself Just then a lady who looked in her early forties burst through the door with a relieved look on her face

"Penelope!!! Penelope dear ooh dear ooh dear!! Are you ok? I brought some food" she ranted on

"My name's Penelope?"I asked rather than stated.

"Yes dear you are Penelope Roberts 19 years old you'll be 20 by the end of next month and I'm your Aunt,Aunt Patricia your mom's sister.You'll be staying with me now that alright?" I nodded feeling too tired to talk at least I know what I am now and I've got a pretty nice name but one more thing,

"Why am I living with you and not my parents..I mean do I have one at all?what happened to me exactly?"

"Dear you need to eat before I start telling you okay? You must be really hungry right?"she brought out the food and my stomach concurred by rumbling.

"okay let's feed that hungry stomach of yours,I made you so much."she set the food on the table and helped me sit up I immediately reached for the food and started digging in and boy was the food good. I sighed in content as I ate up the food

"This is too good"I said with mouthful of the pasta in my mouth "Its your favorite Penny eat up okay?" I nodded while forking some meat balls into my mouth.

***
After eating the doctors came to give me my medications and ask me to have enough rest.I slept like a baby and woke up like a giant.haha I think I'm the funny type but really I feel better now.
Aunt Pat told me my parents and sister died in the car accident.She was so emotional I don't remember them but I cried along with her after all they're my family I hope their souls rest in perfect peace she said they were good people that she'll take me to visit their grave when I'm discharged and yes I'm going to be discharged in a week. Yes!

I can't wait to start my new life and meet new people Aunt pat said I'll be going to college once I'm discharged I guess that's a good thing I'll get to go with her children...wait her children how come I've not seen them or her husband I guess I'll ask her when she gets back from clothes shopping for me.
I owe her a lot she's been with me since the accident I thank God for people like her.

A/N:That's the first chapter thanks for keeping up with me.There's not much action here and it's short but it gets better.Feel free to point out mistakes and make suggestions , I appreciate constructive criticism a lot so feel free. See you in the next.