Chapter 3 - Quirk Assessment

She was sitting on the surprisingly comfortable sofa watching Midoriya going around the room nervously trying to prepare tea for her, making an awesomely accurate imitation of a headless chicken.

She would laugh if she wasn't worried that it would make the guy die for the embarrassment or something. That didn't stop her from finding the whole situation incredibly amusing.

"F-Finally" Midoriya sighed and took the teapot to fix her something to drink.

She couldn't help but watch him with slight fascination. The guy had practice, not even spilling a drop. Add the plate with absurdly delicious cookies he had settled before and he was already treating her better than anyone else she had known before besides her parents.

"S-Sorry for the wait." He said and sat down on the chair at the other side of the table.

"It's fine. Thanks." She took the cup and drank a bit. The little guy knew how to make good tea too! "...I suppose you know who I am, don't you?" Hitomi said pointing to herself.

She was sure of what the guy's aouldoistill ng to be, but wanted to make sure.

"O-Of course! C-Congratulations for your performance at the Sports Festival, S-Shinsou-san!" He said and bowed, not noticing the small frown that appeared on her face for an instant before she put a neutral expression again. "Y-You did a fantastic job!"

It would be unfair to take the frustration she felt for her defeat out on the poor guy whose words seemed so sincere... So much that it was kind of embarrassing.

"Thanks. Are you a fan or something?" She asked sarcastically.

But the guy just blushed and remained silent while looking at his feet.

...Apparently, he was a fan, indeed...? It was both weird and flattering to say the truth.

"Anyway," She coughed to get his attention, covering her slightly pink cheeks with her hand. "Midoriya Izuku, was it...?" He nodded. "I heard about you from Pikachu and thought about paying a visit."

"Eh, P-Pikachu?" He repeated, confused.

"You know. Blond hair, stupid, and with a really punchable face." She said expecting he would understand. "...Electric Quirk. Apparently he becomes even dumber when he uses it too much or something like that..." She added after the guy just tilted his head with confusion.

"AH! ...Are y-you talking about K-Kaminari-san?" He gestured to the blackboard, causing her to snort.

Midoriya wasn't even trying to deny her description of the other boy.

"Yeah. Kamirani" Midoriya repeated 'Kaminari', but she just ignored him. She was going to forget the blond's name by the end of the day, anyway. "told me you helped him a lot with his Quirk."

"...D-Did he? ...It wasn't t-that much, really." He said while scratching the back of his head.

The guy was modest too.

"That's not what he said, but anyway I was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice too, Midoriya." She said finally.

The boy had seemed surprisingly agreeable until now, but was he going to help her?

"...Do y-you want my help?" Instead of the straightforward negative answer that she would expect from any other person, Midoriya only seemed slightly confused, as if incredulous of her petition.

Well, that was a huge improvement, considering everything.

"If you have the time-"

"I-IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE!" He practically yelled while doing a deep bow.