Chapter 6 - A Boy of Ice and Fire

I opened a Discord server. If you want to join the link is:

discord.gg/CvQvGQY

(...)

Wednesday, May 13th

Hitomi moved through the hallways with a fast step. The frown on her face making the people on her way to step aside in fear of falling victims of her wrath.

However, she was more embarrassed than angry.

(...)

"...Midoriya is a pleasant kid. When are you going to invite him home?"

"Tsk." She tried to ignore the warmth in her cheeks. "Stop avoiding my questions, dad! What did you two talk?"

"...What makes you assume we even talked about something?" He opened the newspaper and started reading, like if giving the conversation as finished.

"Because I recognize that all-knowing expression of yours."

"...I'm not making any weird face like that." He truly wasn't, but the shine in his eyes expressed that he had done something.

The man lived off obtaining secrets and info from other people. But it had reached a point that it was more a hobby than just his job.

...He and his meddlesome Quirk.

"You used 'Talkative' on him, don't you?" She hissed.

"..And you did the same with 'Brainwashing'." That made her flinch. It was an affirmation, not a question.

"Mom and you gave me permission."

"...Yes. And that doesn't stop me from wanting to know with what kind of boy you are getting involved." She avoided his gaze. She just hated how he made that sound. "...Luckily, he resulted to be a fine young man." She sighed, trying not to scream in frustration. She just couldn't ever win against the old man.

"At least you didn't ask him anything too embarrassing, did you?" She asked, hopeful.

The man turned around to her and smiled. He said nothing else.

(...)

"Dammit." Now she had to apologize for whatever nonsense her father had done and hope that Izuku wasn't regretting about helping her. Such a thing was improbable, but she didn't want their cooperation to get awkward because of her father's words.

Once in front of the club's door, she took a deep breath and pushed it open.

Immediately her dark purple eyes locked with a heterochromatic pair of grey and turquoise that she had hoped never meet again.

"...What are you doing here, Todoroki?" She asked in a glacial tone. Her sudden anger overcoming her previous nervousness.

"I came here looking for some advice." Answered Todoroki, his expression frustratingly calm, ignoring the way she was glaring at him.

"S-Shinsou-san!" She noticed Izuku out of the corner of her eyes, but her attention kept on the other boy who didn't seem willing to look away either.

"In other words, you are looking for help...?" He didn't answer. "I didn't expect you to come here to mingle with us, commoners. What could a privileged guy like you need? Or did you just intended to brag about your perfect Quirk to us?" The overwhelming hostility and jealousy she felt mixed in the form of a grotesque green-eyed beast who just wanted to bite Todoroki's head off.