Behind the Door: Part 16

"So, what's behind the door?" Juliet asked as she lay on her side between the soft cotton sheets. It had taken her a while to get her thoughts together when they were done, but each time she tried to form words, he would send her that devilish grin, and she would lose herself to him once again. He was insatiable, but then again, she matched his pace very well.

A flash of uncertainty went through his eyes at her question. It was so fast that she would not have noticed it if she hadn't already been staring at those glorious hazel orbs. Her thumb sat lightly on the scruff of his chin as her finger danced along his warm lips. He forced out a laugh and gently pulled the tip of her finger into his mouth for a moment before Juliet pulled it away, aware of his intentions to distract her.

"Why so curious? Am I not keeping you entertained?" Matthew said with a raspy voice. He dove down and began to nuzzle her neck, peppering it with small kisses, which resulted in Juliet's laughter as his beard danced along her skin.

"Oh, I am very entertained. I love a good mystery." She said to route him back to the topic at hand and away from their naked bodies pressed together. She wiggled slightly as she adjusted the sheet to cover more of her chest.

"Then why would I take away your fun?" He asked with the curve of his mouth turned up in a cocky smirk that would have sent butterflies through her body at the challenge, had she not already been exhausted from the past few hours.

"You don't have to take away all my fun." Juliet pressed forward and threw her leg over his waist with a seductive smile. "But every good mystery gets solved at some point."

"Is that all you want me for? For my body and mysterious persona?" Matthew fake glared at her as he ran his hand up her thigh to hitch it higher. "Granted, I like that you seem satisfied by my body, but if I get rid of the mystery, how am I supposed to keep you around?"

"Who says I want to stay around?" It was an empty threat to leave, and they both knew it. She wanted to stay around, and he wanted her to stay around.

"After today, I'm not saying it. I'm demanding for you to stay around." His fingertips dug into the soft flesh of her thigh, and she bit her lip as she looked up at him from under her eyelashes.

"About that," She started as she leaned closer to his face and gave him a chaste kiss. "I'm not sure if I should thank you or tell you that you did a good job, so I'll just leave it at nice work." Matthew let out a loud laugh as he rolled onto his back. The pinkness that came to the surface of his cheeks sent a feeling of pride through Juliet as she stared at him with a large smile.

"Nice work?" He asked in amusement and disbelief. "That's something I haven't heard after sex before, but I'll take it. You did a good job as well. No, an exceptional job. We're pretty good at this together."

Juliet slid over on the bed as he tightened his hold on her side and pulled her to him once more. She glanced at the closed door of the bedroom and then back at the naked man next to her. "I would have to agree." She said with a definitive nod. "Let's play twenty questions."

"Twenty questions?"

"Yeah, so we can get to know each other better." Matthew looked down at her, and she ducked her head to kiss his chest, hoping that he couldn't see the devious smile on her face.

"Okay, you go first." He said and kissed the top of her head before he looked back up at the ceiling.

"So, if you had a room that was guarded by a combination lock and a security camera, what would you keep behind the door?" She could not help the accomplished grin from her lips as he ran his hand over his face before groaning. It was a noise of annoyance, but she knew that he was giving in.