Kiss N Tell

The walk home with Randell was pretty marvy for Beverly, he seemed to have high spirits even after the malefic incident he had with Patrick. Although Randell did well at taking her mind off of Patrick..... for 50% of the walk, she couldn't help but let him pervade her mind as they drew closer to the house. 'Where'd he go to?' Her mind asked, as if someone would reply with an answer to make her feel better.

    Stopping in the front yard and standing in silence, she stared on at the dark house...... no one home? Sighing deeply to herself. How she dreaded the thought of being all by herself at night, even though Pilot was there still, it made her want someone else's presence to be there with her.

  "Is this it?" Randell's voice chimbed out, breaking the thick silence that loomed in the night around them. Gazing to him and then flickering her eyes back to the house she nodded her head solemnly.

  "Indeed it is, I don't think anyone's home though." Her voice held the gloomy feel to it, Randell sensing this feeling coming from the little red head. The empathy of some people was always so fascinating to her, some had it so strong that they didn't even have to know or see the person in order to feel their feelings.

   "Well, is there someplace else I can take you, someone else's home you can stay at possibly?" He asked, not wanting to leave her all by herself, especially at night. As she thought and looked on around the front yard she finally had the idea.

  "Victor's house would be great actually." She said, confident that Victor would help her out. Nodding his head and was about to go on to say something yet she spoke up first. "I have to go get Pilot real quick though, I don't want to leave her here."

   "Pilot?" Randell's confusion almost made her laugh as she ran in to the house real quick, maneuvering through the dark bedroom and finding the little furball laying on the bed dozing on her back. Picking her up in her arms and hugging her close to her chest as a mother would do. She loved this puppy so much, it was a miracle that she found her. Grabbing a couple of outfits, Pilots leash and a blanket for the dog, she set out the house.

    Meeting Randell just outside, watching the confusion melt from his face as he realized whom Pilot was. Smiling at the little innocence that Beverly held in her arms, he poked the sleeping puppies nose.

   "Well, I thought Pilot was possibly a little sister or maybe a friend...... but a puppy is good too." He laughed a little as she smiled at him, leading the way to Victor's home, they talked more about different things. He told her a bit about himself, how galant he was and games he played throughout previous school years. It was a new thing for Beverly, she didn't know she could get along with someone so.... I guess you could say higher-up in the status of high school.

    "Well this is it." She spoke with little energy, walking around all night will do that to a girl. Nodding his head as the brown curls fell a bit to the sides of his face, he took the time to examine the place. Some lights were on in the house and the windows were open for the cool night air to seep through, filling the sleeping lungs of the people in the home.

   "Maybe you'll hopefully get some sleep tonight, and if your lucky skip out on school tomorrow." He said, winking at her as he started to step away. Smiling shyly to him and then looking down, she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know, maybe, I probably shouldn't though, I really hate falling behind on schoolwork." Simply stating, cringing at the thought of having even the slightest of piled up work. Along with spending unnecessary extra time in school to work on it.

"Yeah, I hear ya." Agreeing quietly as he rubbed the back of his neck that seemed to be heating up on him. The two standing in silence, not knowing what else to say or if there is anything else to say....... probably not.