Hot and Heated

The rest of the week went by effortlessly for me. Everyone at the practice instantly noticed the change in my emotions. I was happier. Part of me couldn't believe how just seeing James again made such a huge improvement in my mental state.

I of course had to explain to Kinsey the next day about how James and I had a past. I explained to her that he was my old high school boyfriend and how we ended up breaking up when I went off to college. I explained to her that the breakup was rough and neither of us took it well. So seeing each other again after all these years was a bit of a shock.

I didn't go into extreme detail because I didn't want to. Kinsey however, wasn't just my Tech, she was my best friend. She and I met in college during her first year as a Vet Tech student and instantly hit it off. We were extremely lucky to get hired at the same practice together. We've been inseparable ever since.

I however never really talked about my true feelings to her for fear of burdening her with my problems. Honestly, she became my friend during my worst time and stuck by me without even knowing it. I did not doubt that no matter what happens, she'll continue to be there for me. I was extremely thankful for that.

It was now Friday morning and yet again I found myself still in the same great spirits as I did Monday. Even though I hadn't heard from James since that night we texted after seeing each other. I just assumed he was busy with YouTube stuff and figured he'd contact me when he was ready.

There it is, I realized, the natural balance with us. It was still there. Not feeling the need to contact him or know what he's doing every waking second. It gave me hope. Hope that maybe after all these years we really could repair the damage. I honestly feel like fate has brought us together again.

That whole fate thing was just about sealed for me when I received a text message as I was getting ready to leave that morning.

I couldn't help but smile like a live sick teenager again. The feelings coming back at me in full force.

I sent a quick text with my address so he knew where to pick me up and headed to work with the biggest smile I've had since High School

———