A Decade 2: Decade Harder

A decade... 10 years... That's how long it's been since I've seen her. After she left all of my focus was solely on YouTube. I completely surrounded myself by doing content for Youtube on my channel and the group's channel. When I wasn't doing that, I was streaming on Twitch. Anything, anything to keep my mind busy and off the sadness that losing her caused me.

I never really looked at another woman after her. Don't get me wrong, I had tried a few times. I tried to date again, but it was with a hopeless effort. I always compared them to her but I knew in my heart that no one could replace her. So I eventually gave up. There was no use wasting a girl's time when I could never love her. No girl deserved to be in a relationship like that. So, Youtube and streaming became my "love" and my life.

The guys and I really made a name for The Creature Hub together. It was honestly, the best thing I could do to keep my mind occupied. Eventually, though, we all ended up going our separate ways. Aleks and I ended up splitting from the group and starting our own channel called CowChop. We wanted more freedom with our creative minds that we just couldn't get with The Creatures.

Then eventually we ended up moving, which I never actually thought I'd ever do. The funny thing is we ended up deciding to move out to California because we felt like that was the right thing to do if we really wanted our channel to succeed. So here we are, living out in LA. Yet, for some reason now that I'm in this state it really has me missing Adalynn. It's even worse though because I know I really need to get Ein into the Vet and if I knew where she was I could use Ein as an excuse.

I didn't have the balls to do that though, so I settled on just finding the closest Vet to my place and taking her there. A quick Vet search showed there were three within my search criteria. I went with the closest one first and clicked on their site. Their site looked promising and I decided to see what their Vets looked like. I wanted to make sure they were good enough for my Ein. Yes, I will judge a book by its cover when it comes to my Ein.

Scrolling through I looked at all the staff pictures and they all seemed pretty promising. When I made it to the bottom of the screen I saw there was a caption about the newest Vet partner who doesn't have a picture yet, when I read the name I froze.

Dr. Adalynn Collins.

I couldn't believe it. Was it really her? Was it really MY Adalynn? I just had to find out. I quickly grabbed my phone and got the number and dialed it. I instantly asked when the soonest I could get an appointment was. Luck has it they told me that Dr. Collins has an opening in a few hours if I could make it. I told them I would be there and hung up. My nerves were through the roof. I wasn't sure if it was really going to be her, or if it was just a crazy coincidence that another Vet had the same name. I had to try though. If only it is to see her for one more time. I just had to.

———

As I sat in the room with Ein waiting to see if I'd actually get a chance to see if it was really her, I found myself consumed by my nerves. I don't think I've felt this nervous since High School when I was nervous if she was going to end up leaving me or not.

I knew even though I was here that it might even be a long shot if I see her. I know most of the time basic exams are performed by the Vet Tech and the Vet does the more serious stuff. So I could essentially be doing this for nothing.

I looked down at Ein who was chewing on the toy I brought with us. I couldn't help but smile and really hope it was really her. Addy will love Ein because it's her favorite breed. That's honestly one of the reasons I got Ein in the first place because we always talked about getting a corgi together. So when I decided to get a dog the first choice was the obvious one. Ein was the best decision I ever made, she was everything to me. She helped mend a small part of my heart and helped me love at least something again.