Chapter 1

You hummed while you swept the wooden floor of your small café. After three years of hard work you could finally fulfill your dream of owning your own little café.

It was so small that not more than twenty people could fit in. It was sweetly decorated in a vintage style with cute patterns and colours. It was a shelter for the people of your neighbourhood and an insider's tip for travellers.

Everyday you'd bake fresh cakes and cookies for the customers and the coffee is allegedly the best and purest at your place.

You were content that your plan of a café was a success, without your father's money and advice.

It was Friday afternoon so you already had closed at 5pm. Since it was late spring it wasn't dark outside yet and the sun was about to set.

You pulled your hair into a bun and began to wipe the tables and rearrange the pillows neatly on the bench seats. You quietly sang along to a melody which has been stuck in your head for the whole day.

You were lost in your thoughts when you heard the little bell jingle as the door opened.

"We're closed", you said politely and didn't bother to turn around.

"Not for me, beautiful", a deep voice said which made the blood freeze in your veins.

You gulped and squared your shoulders before you turned towards the voice. Your eyes landed on the probably most handsome man you have ever seen.

He was wearing black jeans with a black shirt tucked in a belt and a black leather jacket. He had dark hair which was slightly pushed back in a hot and messy way. His shoulders were broad and even though you couldn't see his muscles, you knew he was well-built.

Your eyes were drawn to the tattoos on his neck. The black ink twirled around his neck and over his veins. The first two buttons of his shirt were open so you could see the lines of more tattoos.

If you didn't know what kind of person he was you would actually be attracted to him.

"What do you want?", you hissed and all your annoyance gladly covered your shaky voice.

"Shh, relax", he said putting his index finger to his lips, "I just wanna talk."

You took your apron off and threw it over the back of the chair next to you. "I know exactly what you want and I'm not giving it to you", you stated in a strong voice.

You weren't going to give in, they can't scare you. You were prepared for this. You actually already wondered when the mafia, which controlled your whole neighbourhood, would show up at your place.

Maybe they wanted to see if you'd make it with your small café since you've only opened six months ago.

The man approached you slowly while he pierced you with his obscure eyes. You didn't want to yield but his appearance was so intimidating that your breath hitched. Your back hit the wall and suddenly the lights went out.

He stood right in front of you and brought his face so close to yours that his hot breath hit your skin.

"I don't want to hurt you", he said in a low voice putting his hand right next to your head on the wall, "and I don't want to end this in a bad way, but I always get what I want."

It confused you a bit that he smelled like coffee and sweet liquorice. A scent which always reminded you of home.

You fought the urge to just shut your eyes and scream. You weren't going to give in, this was your business and your honestly earned money.

"I won't give you want you want", you said gritting your teeth, "you've been terrorising the neighbourhood for long enough. Not with me."

He slammed his hand on the wall making you flinch. "We'll see about that", he growled placing his hand under your chin and forcing you to look up at him.

His finger was warm and soft on your skin, contrary to his cold appearance. He took a step away from you and pulled something out of his pocket.

You sunk on the floor not being able to carry your own weight on your feet. He flicked the cap of the lighter and a small flame lit up the dark room. The fire let scary shadows dance on his face as he kneeled down in front of you.

"We'll see, princess", he said in his deep voice and brushed his thumb over your trembling lip with his other hand.

He stood up and closed the lighter with a click putting it back into his pocket. He turned around on his heels and left your café. You began to sob and covered your face in your hands, shaking in fear.