Chapter 18

"My little one", he said hugging you tightly and stroking your hair, "are you okay?" You breathed in and enjoyed the familiar scent of your father, home.

"Yes, dad. I'm good", you said crying a little. Even though you fought about the way you wanted to live your life, you loved him a lot.

Now you knew he always wanted the best for you. He wanted to protect you, but you had to go your own way to find luck in your life. He pulled away and regarded you with his own eyes which were filled with tears.

"I was so worried about you", he said stroking your cheek, "when you called me... all my nightmares came true."

"No, dad, I'm okay, really", you said reassuring him, "it was all a misunderstanding." Your dad's eyes left your face and noticed Jungkook behind you. He raised his finger and furiously pointed at him.

"You!", he said taking a step towards him, "you caused all this. You kidnapped my daughter and put her in danger. How dare you show up?"

You practically had to jump in front of Jungkook to keep your father from tackling him down.

"Dad! Stop, you don't understand", you yelled trying to explain yourself, "it's not what you think it is. Calm down." He was still very outraged but his eyes focused on you again.

"What? I thought he..", he mumbled.

"No, let me explain it", you said taking his hands, "but first let's sit down."

You sat down and began telling him the whole story. He didn't enthuse but he took the news quite well. He kept a suspicious eye on Jungkook and you could see he still disliked him. However, after a while he softened.

"And after all this... I still wanted to ask you for your blessing", Jungkook said in a serious tone, "I really love your daughter and I want to love her and treat her the way she deserves it for the rest of her life."

Your father looked at him insistently and seemed to be thinking about it.

"Well, I don't like saying it, but..", he said rubbing his chin, "you put my daughter in danger but it seems like you are capable of protecting her and I see that my little princess feels safe with you."

A big smile appeared on your face and you felt how a load took off your mind.

"But you have to prove yourself. You need to change and run a clean business", your dad explained the conditions, "but otherwise you have my blessing."

"Aw, thanks Dad!", you squealed and flung your arms around his neck, "you won't regret it."

Five years later

"Congratulations", your best friend said and you toasted, "I can't believe that you just opened your fourth café in our city. The people like 'em so much."

You laughed at her compliment and let your gaze wander over the huge garden.

"Yeah, I put a lot work into it but without Jungkook I wouldn't have made it", you admitted and smiled at the thought of your first meeting.

"Oh, what did I just hear?", Jungkook's voice sounded behind you, "you praised me for my good work huh?"

You chuckled and he kissed you sweetly on your cheek.

"Don't overestimate yourself", you said teasing him, "where are the kids?"

He smiled happily and he had this sparkling in his eyes whenever you talked about your children.

"They're playing with your father in the backyard", he said nodding into the direction from where laughter and screams could be heard.

"Oh, my dad's here already? I didn't see him coming", you said. You were throwing a small party to celebrate the opening of your fourth café in town. You invited your closest friends over and your father, who's now a grandfather.

"There she is!", your father called you and approached you, "honey, I'm so proud of you." He kissed both your cheeks and hugged you.

"Thanks, Dad", you said touched.

"Mommy!!", two small voices squeaked and your two children ran towards you.

"Hey, you two", you said and you and Jungkook kneeled down to pick up each one.

You had twins, a girl and a boy, a year after your marriage and they are your everything. You had everything you ever wished for, your children and your beloved husband, your mafioso.

"I love you baby", you whispered into Jungkook's ear and kissed him.