Chapter 5

You rubbed your forehead because of the stabbing pain in your head. You heard indistinct chatter from outside the door and slowly sat up.

You leaned against the cold back of the bed and sighed. What has happened? You remembered how you were in the kitchen with Jungkook and the next second you passed out.

You were still wearing the same clothes from the day of the fire which were covered with soot and smelled burnt. You looked around and didn't see your phone or your handbag.

The only light was coming from a window which was halfway sealed with a board. Something didn't feel right. You got up and ran over to the window trying to remove the board. It didn't move an inch.

You ran to the door and pulled on the door handle desperately trying to open it. But the door stayed locked. You had been kidnapped and there seemed to be no way out.

This is what happens if you stand up to a mafia boss, your subconsciousness kindly reminded you.

The panic grew steadily in your stomach and threatened to take over. Your breathing sped up and the walls seemed to cave in. It was too dark and too tight in this room, no air. No air to breathe.

Tears streamed down your cheeks and you put your hands on your chest, lacking air. You couldn't bear it and just screamed. You screamed and cried for help and that someone let you out. You broke down on the floor and your vision blurred when suddenly the door flew open.

"Y/N!", Jungkook called out leaning over you with a worried face, "look at me!"

Somehow his voice came through your state of panic and you directed your eyes to him. He put his arm behind your back and made you sit up.

"Breathe slowly", he said in a calm voice, "Come on, breathe with me."

You clinged on to him and buried your nails into his biceps. You breathed in sync and you slowly calmed down. You were completely exhausted from the panic attack and just leaned your head against his arm.

"Can I please get some fresh air?", you asked weakly knowing he wasn't going to let you go but maybe he could open a window or something.

"Of course", he said and picked you up in his arms without thinking. He carried you through a huge mansion downstairs to an even bigger garden.

Everything in this house was massive and very expensive looking. Just like your dad's villa. The second you walked outside you took a deep breath and relaxed letting the fresh air fill your lungs.

He put you down on a very comfy chaise longue on the wooden terrace from which you could look over the whole beautiful garden.

"Excuse me for a second", he said after he had made sure you were comfortable enough. But something was different about his voice. He seemed very angry. You watched him walk back inside before you closed your eyes and let the sun warm you.

"I TOLD YOU TO CHECK ON HER EVERY FIVE MINUTES!!", you heard him yelling from inside and you quickly sat up to check on him.

He was giving a man, fully dressed in black, a lecture and you could see he was boiling with rage. He wrapped his fingers around the man's throat and slammed him against the wall. He was going to kill him with his strength. You widened your eyes and didn't hesitate before you ran inside.

"Jungkook, you're killing him!", you screamed trying to pull his arm away but he was stronger than you. The man rathled and his head turned red. Jungkook turned to look at you with burning eyes, but he immediately put the guy down and softened when he saw your desperate look.

"Leave", he commanded the guy and he quickly left. Jungkook was breathing heavily and pushed his hair back before he talked to you.

"I'm sorry you had to see this and I'm sorry for the way you had to wake up", he said giving you a miserable look.

"It's okay", you said fighting the need to caress his cheek, "wait, no. Actually not. You kidnapped me." You crossed your arms in front of your chest and eyed him annoyed.

"Yeah about that..", he said scratching the back of his head, "you'll have to stay here until I get what I want."