Chapter 12

You didn't know how many hours passed. You sat there on the chair, your hands tied to the chair legs and your head hanging low.

You felt how your body became more and more weak. The rope was too tight around your hands and cut off your veins.

Your head was spinning from the pain the cut on the left side of your forehead caused. Nothing happened and you sat there waiting for something. Anyone who would come to get you.

You didn't know who kidnapped you and why. You couldn't understand. It can't be Jungkook's men, he'd never do this. You knew that your dad's business was not always clean. There was something dirty going on from time to time. Maybe his enemies used you to get to him. You couldn't explain it to yourself.

Hours passed and still nothing has happened. Once you thought you heard voices but you couldn't tell if you were only imagining things.

At some point, you were too exhausted and tired to keep your eyes open. You closed them and slowly lost your consciousness. Your head sunk down and rested on your chest.

You were woken up again by loud banging outside the door. You lifted your head numbly and tried to figure out what was going on. You heard shots and jerked holding your head down.

You began sobbing because you didn't know what was going on out there. Was someone trying to get you? Or will someone hurt you?

You were scared and in fear for your life. The only thing you wanted was to be in Jungkook's arms. You were emotionally worn out and felt how you dozed off again.

You had barely any energy left. It was hard for you to keep your eyes open. You managed to look up just a bit when the door burst open and a familiar figure appeared in the doorway.

"Jungkook", you whispered and passed out again.

Jungkook hurried over to you and cut you loose from the ropes. He scooped you up in his arms and kissed your forehead. He didn't know if you could hear him but he still said calming things into your ear.

Time skip

"Baby", Jungkook called you quietly but insistent, "baby, wake up." You opened your eyes and began crying.

You had too endure too much the last 24 hours, physically and mentally. Now you were safe again, but you weren't even sure about that. By the surroundings you could tell you were at Jungkook's mansion, but even this place didn't mean safety to you.

The tears didn't stop running down your cheeks and your whole body was shaking from the sobs.

"Hey, shhh", Jungkook said softly and pulled you into his arms. He rocked you a bit forth and back and stroked your back to soothe you. After quite some time you finally calmed down and stopped crying.

"Jungkook", you whispered and your voice cracked.

"It's okay, beautiful", he said caressing your cheeks, "you don't need to say anything. You are safe now."

And you believed him. You believed every word he said. Right there in his arms, you knew nothing would hurt you. He has proved it more than once. You leaned your head against his chest and grabbed his hand tightly.

"Please... please, don't ever let me go", you said in a low voice, but he heard every word you said. He nodded fervently.

"I promise", he said in a strong voice and you knew, he meant it. You were still very weak since you haven't recovered yet. You felt how you became tired again and your eyelids heavier.

"We'll move", Jungkook told you while you drifted off, "I got something to sort out. But don't worry, I will never lose sight of you."

"Jungkook... no violence.. Please", you pleaded before you fell asleep. You didn't see it anymore, but he nodded.

"Anything for you, my love", he said admiring your peaceful face.

He hated himself the most for putting you, the only good thing in his life, in such danger. The person who did this is going to pay for it. You were so fragile and tender, just the small cut on your forehead seemed like a lifethreatening wound. He had to change his life, for your sake.