Chapter 13

The gentle shaking of a car on the uneven street woke you up from your deep sleep. You blinked a few times because of the bright sun.

You were sitting on the passenger seat and your head was leaning against the cold glass of the window. You directed your gaze outside and watched the beautiful scenery passing by.

The countryside was wide and flat and only a few apple trees appeared between the yellow and green fields.

The person driving moved and soft music started playing the background.

There was still a slight sting in your head but you could endure it. The sun shone through the window and warmed your skin.

You had lost any sense for time and place. You didn't know how many days had gone by and where you were heading. You slowly lift your head and turned to the side to see who was driving.

"Hey, sleeping beauty", Jungkook's familiar voice sounded in your ears. You smiled and searched for your voice. Your throat was completely dry and you couldn't say anything, you just stared at him.

A new feeling radiated in your heart. You felt so lucky just being here in this car with him. He handed you a bottle of water and you quickly took a few sips.

"How are you feeling?", he asked after you put the bottle down.

"I'm better, I think", you said, shocked how tender your voice sounded. A short silence followed and you looked outside again. Now you were driving up a flat hill and the road didn't seem to end.

"Where are we going?", you asked curiously. On the inside you had to laugh at yourself. A couple of days ago you would have freaked out if a man, you didn't barely know, would take you to an unknown place.

"To the sea", he said and you looked at him surprised. You looked back outside and the road bent slightly to the left. You gasped when the sparkling blue sea appeared on the horizon lined by beautiful, long and white beaches. You couldn't believe your eyes and looked back at him. A smile curled up on his lips but he kept observing the road.

"Why...? I mean - I've never been to the sea", you told him still in disbelief.

"Well, now you have", he said driving the road down to the beach. You regarded his side profile and travelled your eyes over his face and torso. He looked so different.

He was dressed in a light blue shirt and beige cargo pants. His sleeves were rolled up and the first few buttons of his shirt were open. His hair was casually brushed back and shining in the sunlight.

He didn't look like a mafioso, more like a normal man who wants to spend a few days at the beach with his fiancé. Only his tattoos gave hints to his dark past.

"Done staring?", he asked chuckling and you blushed because he caught you checking him out. He put his hand on your thigh and squeezed it.

His touch set off a tingling through your whole body. You relaxed again and noticed how your thoughts wandered off to what happened to you. You grabbed his hand and intertwined your fingers with his.

Having your small hand in his large immediately calmed you. He stroked the back of your hand with his thumb gently, before he pulled his hand away to shift the gear.

"We're here", he told you and stopped the car behind a cute beach house. It was originally built with blue boards but the wind and the sea salt removed the paint.

You were excited for what was coming next. You wanted to know how the house looked like from the front. Maybe it was right next to the beach. You got out of the car and walked around the house followed by Jungkook.

Your jaw dropped when you reached the front of the house. In front of you was a wide beach with white sand and the deep blue sea. The whitecaps sparkled in the sunshine and a soft breeze played with your hair.

You turned to the small beach house and noticed two chairs and a table on the wooden terrace in front of it. The wood creaked under your foot when you stepped on the patio. You could visualise how you'd sit here every morning in the sun sipping on your coffee.

"Do you like it?", Jungkook asked behind you. You turned around and looked at him in awe. When you looked into his brown eyes, you saw your future. You wanted to stay with him, maybe forever. You threw your arms around him and hugged him.

"I love it", you whispered smiling, "I love you."