123

-💫-

"bab- i mean... jaehyun, are you okay?" johnny put a hand on the seemingly distressed male.
he sighed with a hoarse voice and nodded slowly.

"are you sure? you seem so down in the dumps lately."
he just wanted to make sure.

"i'm okay," he confirmed as he smiled sadly.

johnny frowned. he handed him a bowl of the takeout they bought last night.
"you haven't been eating a lot lately," the male said. "you look skinnier than usual. please eat."

the two of them locked eyes.

even though they had been dating for a significant amount of time, but still, not long, jaehyun's gaze never failed to make johnny's heart skip a beat. jaehyun chuckled while taking the bowl out for his hands carefully. "thank you."

he held the food in his hands steadily, staring down at the now, sort of soggy noodles.
when the taller male was just about to leave for the bathroom, he bit at his lip.

"johnny," he started, and it successfully caught his attention.
"what... do you like about doyoung?"

he widened his eyes,
walking back to the bed he was once sitting on.

"there's quite a lot of things.
would you like to specify?"

jaehyun deadpanned. "uh... just, what are the things that you first think of?"

"hmmmm..." johnny hummed with a finger placed on his chin. "the first thing that comes to mind is his selflessness." he grinned about it, trying to get all comfortable because he knew that there was a lot to say.

"there's something about doyoung... he just never does anything for himself,
when i think about it. it's always for someone else. it's a good and a bad thing though.
i really wish he'd do something for himself for a change. i couldn't imagine how it'd feel, to be honest."

jaehyun acted surprised, even though he knew this about doyoung all along.

forever, had doyoung been a selfless person. from when they first met, to now.
it was quite a disappointing thing to jaehyun as their morals were different to each other.

if only doyoung taught himself to not be such a nice person growing up.
not that being kind was a horrible thing, but it could be taken advantage of.

"i see."

"another thing i like about doyoung is... maybe, his open mindedness!"

"open mindedness?"

he nodded cutely. "mhm! yeah! that was one of the first things i learnt about him when he approached me in my dms...
that he was a really open minded person."

johnny smiled to himself, suddenly drawing little circles on jaehyun's hand that he wasn't even aware he was holding until a second ago.

"he didn't even question about me,
a man, liking you, a man."

jaehyun looked to the ground. maybe, just maybe,
johnny hadn't known of doyoung's sexuality because doyoung was in fact, gay.

a homosexual man.

but, he decided to stay quiet and continue listening to his reasons. besides, if doyoung wanted johnny to know, he would have been fully aware of it by now. outing someone was out of the question.

"it just... doyoung made me feel safe and welcome...
he still does."

"it's because he's such a kind person."
it hurts.

"he really is," johnny looked into jaehyun's chocolate eyes.
"if not for him, i don't know where i'd be... and definitely, not with you that's for sure.
i owe him everything."

"me... too."

-💫-