i

❝ the one where everyone goes back to school ❞
________________________________

VANESSA !
________________________________

VANESSA !________________________________

|☕︎|

"VANESSA JORDYN DAVIS" A firm voice boomed through the house. "get up now! Your father and I didn't raise you to get late at school!"

The brunette- Vanessa Jordyn Davis- who was still laying in her bed- groaned and shoved her head down her pillow. She let out a frustrated sigh after, knowing there was no way she could go back to her previous peaceful dream.

Footsteps led upstairs and went all the way to her bedroom door, stopping right there. "I don't hear any movement." Aurora Catherine Davis tapped with her foot against the wooden floor after she had put her ear against the door and didn't hear anything on the other side yet.

With a lot of force, Vanessa threw the covers off of her, an annoyed expression on her face. "I'm up mother." She tried to let out as nicely as possible while she rubbed her eyes.

Second later, her mother walked back downstairs again with an somewhat satisfied smile.

Vanessa breathed out immediately, feeling slightly relieved when she couldn't feel the presence of her mother anymore.

Her parents had always been uptight, scrict, cocky and 'classy'. They had this 'perfect version' in their heads, and if you don't come close it- there's no way they would let you talk to them, or let you even breath the same air as them.

A reason why Vanessa had to dress some kind of way to fit in her family, which is why her wardrobe was filled with skirts, dresses, butten ups etc.

She didn't mind wearing a skirt or a dress, but she missed being comfortable at school, like when you're wearing jeans or something.

But her mother would never let that happen, and she always re-viewed everything Vanessa would buy.

And she also couldn't hide anything, because every once in a while her mom would go through her closet to see if something was 'out of style'.

Like Vanessa could care less.

Vanessa never felt like she could be herself. She couldn't speak up her mind, voice her own opinions, or do what she wanted without being judged by others.

Vanessa absolutely hated it, she hated who she had to pretend to be.

She had two 'friends' who would actually be Aurora's perfect daughters.