Chapter 2

"Whoops, sorry kiddo." Virgil was beginning to wonder if he was so short that people couldn't see him because this was the FIFTH PERSON who had bumped into him in 3 days. "It's alright." Virgil muttered, tugging at his hood. "Oh, hey Patton."

"Hi Janus. You okay Remus?" 'Patton' asked. Remus looked up at Patton and then smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just trying to imagine all the ways I can kill my brother and make it look like suicide. So far I've got drowning, pushing him off a tall building, suffocating, strangling and - was it something I said?" Remus asked as Patton had paled and ran off. Janus shook his head in disbelief and kissed Remus's hair. "You are such a weirdo." He muttered. Virgil rolled his eyes. "C'mon guys. We need to get to class." He said practically pulling Janus and Remus over to their maths class.

***

"Greetings to my brother, snake-face and Hot Topic?" Roman asked, sitting down next to his brother uninvited. Remus rolled his eyes. "What are you doing here, Roman?"

"It's lunch time, isn't it? Can I not sit with my dear brother and his friends for lunch?"

"No you cannot." Virgil said, bristling. He had been carefully observing Roman for the past few days (for completely non-creepy reasons, of course) and he had found that he despised the pompous, popular thespian. Roman glared at Virgil. "Who asked you, Hot Topic?"

"Aw, you think I'm hot." Virgil had no idea where the sentence had come from, it had just slipped out of his mouth without him meaning it too. He noticed that Roman went slightly pink before answering. "Why yes I do. Got a problem with that, Hot Topic?" Now it was Virgil's turn to go pink.

"Alright. Out. Away. Be gone, foul demon." Remus said, practically throwing Roman out of his seat. Roman huffed dramatically, pushed his fringe out of his eyes, winked at Virgil and went off to talk to Patton and another guy. Virgil was just staring at his food, very pink. Janus tapped him on the shoulder. "Be careful, Virgil." He said, a hint of worry in his voice "I think Roman's just made you his next target."

"Just let my brother try and get at Virgil. I'll kill him if he some much dares as to touch Virgil with a 2-metre pole." Virgil rolled his eyes and laughed at Remus. "What with? You're little mace?"

"It's a morningstar, actually and no. I was gonna use his Samurai sword he got when we went to Japan." Virgil's mouth dropped.

"You went to Japan?!" He asked disbelievingly. Remus nodded and Virgil proceeded to bombard him with endless questions about Japan and Samurai's and 101 other things until the bell rang.