𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Kuroo Tetsuro was gentle and comforting, however the only one who truly knew that was Kozume Kenma. Kenma and Kuroo had been best friends ever since Kenma moved.

Kenma didn't miss much. What he didn't miss was his father. He didn't miss the sleepless nights because of his mother's pleas, "Please, please don't hurt Kenma, do anything you want to me, just please don't hurt Kenma..". He didn't miss the bruises he saw on his mother. The bruises that covered almost every inch of her body. The bruises that reminded him his father was still alive. He didn't miss the constant bullying. He didn't miss the walks home from school.

What he did miss though was the singular amazing friend he had made. That was the only person outside of his family that knew he was transgender. They knew and they accepted him. They were genderfluid.

It took a few months for Kenma to properly adjust to his new life. It was summer when they moved and it seemed hotter than normal. Every once in a while Ms. Kozume made Kenma wear a short sleeved shirt despite his protests, responding with "Each scar shows how brave you are, honey" when he would complain saying anything about his scars, new or old. She wouldn't force any kind of 'professional help' on him unless he seriously started contemplating if he was 'enough'.

Of course every once in a while he had those thoughts, but talking to Kuroo helped keep them out of his head, or well for the most part.

The first time he saw Kuroo he knew love at first sight was real. However, as they got closer it was harder and harder to keep two very important secrets from him. The first being Kozume Kenma was a transgender male. The second was his undying love for his best friend.

(310 words)

Both of the people that I've had proofread have said asked about this so here's an explanation. Kenma had a friend in the neighborhood that he used to live in, with his father.  That friend was genderfluid.

I'm so sorry that this is so short, like I said on my message board thing I don't normally write/publish such short things, however again this has been more difficult because I haven't exactly been very motivated. Plus I wrote this and the first chapter last night (I just needed to touch them up and write a bit more for the first actual chapter)

-Max