𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ③

"Hello?"

....

Kuroo winced, "Okaa-san?"

....

"U-uh... sure, I'll see.."

....

"I love you too, Okaa-san"

Kuroo then hung up. His eyes were glossy, tears threatening to spill. "K-kuroo? What happened? Are you okay? Is your mom okay?" Kenma stood up and walked to his tall friend. Kuroo nodded however Kenma saw right through his facade. "Please don't lie, especially when it's painfully obvious" Kenma wrapped his arms around Kuroo's torso, engulfing him in a comforting hug.

"C-can I stay the night?"

That's all it took to know something was wrong at the Kuroo household, and so Kenma nodded immediately. Kuroo wrapped his arms around Kenma's waist, hugging him back tightly.

And so they continued hugging until Kuroo broke the silence by saying "I don't think my Okaa-san and Otou-san have been getting along very well. He's been out drinking again." "Have you seen him do anything?" Kuroo shook his head no. "That's good, but you might want to ask Kuroo-san if anything's going on." Kenma spoke from experience. Kuroo nodded, "I'll ask tomorrow after practice." Kenma broke the hug to go make sure that it was okay with his Okaa-san if Kuroo stayed the night.

"Kuroo's gonna stay the night okay?" Ms. Kozume nodded, turning back to watch her show, but not before teasing Kenma "Just don't be too loud." "O-okaa-san.... I-I don't even know if he likes me back!" Kenma whisper-shouted so Kuroo wouldn't hear. He didn't regret telling his mom that he liked Kuroo, he just didn't appreciate that she teased him all the time.

"What'd you wanna do now?" Kuroo asked as Kenma walked back in. He shrugged in response, "Wanna play a round of Splatoon?" Kuroo hesitated before finally agreeing.

(295)

Some Japanese words and their meanings:

Okka-San means mother / mom

Okka-Chan means mommy

Otou-san means father

I swear I wrote more than this and then it got deleted somehow

I did n o t realize it was Monday-

-Max