I See You

In the previous year, Gulf remembered how he celebrated Mew's birthday by going to Mew's house at midnight. He was working at that time and unfortunately, his boss asked him to take an overtime to finish their research about a specific football team. Gulf successfully finished the report late at night and he still needed to pick up the cake that he ordered as well as a personalized birthday balloon. And on top of that, Mew's house was a bit far. It took almost an hour for him to reach Mew's house from his working place.

It was funny how Mew didn't send Gulf a message that day when he always greeted the younger with a good morning message. He really waited for Gulf to send him a message first and greet him a happy birthday. On the other hand, Gulf was acting like he forgot what day was it and he never sent a message to the older.

Mew checked his social media accounts from time to time to see if the younger posted a picture of him or their picture together with a birthday message, but no, Gulf didn't do anything, not until it was almost midnight. Mew was in his room sulking at his boyfriend because his birthday was almost over, but Gulf didn't post a birthday message for him on social media, or even sent him a message, or call.

His mother knocked on his room and asked him to come down. When he went down, he saw Gulf in front of their door step holding a cake with a balloon beside him. He was so shocked to see his boyfriend at their house late at night. He checked the time as he opened the door and it read 11:59 PM. He immediately looked at his boyfriend who was just staring at him with a lovely smile.

Gulf shrugged his shoulders as he proudly said. "I made it on time, right? I'm so sorry Boo, my boss asked me to take an overtime that's why I came here late."

"It's okay, Bii." He walked closer to his boyfriend and placed his hand on the younger's back and caressed it. "Are you not tired? It's fine to just send me a message or call.  It's already late at night to come here."

"It's okay, I want to come here and surprise you. Are you shooing me away, Boo?"

Mew chuckled and gave his boyfriend a side hug. "No no no, I'm not shooing you away."

"Aw! Come on..." Gulf gently tapped Mew's back. "Blow the candle na, but you should make a wish first."

"Okay." Mew pulled away from the hug. He put his palms together, closed his eyes, and wished before he blew his candle.

"Happy Birthday P'Mew!" Gulf happily greeted him after he blew the candle.

"Thank you, Bii."

And that's how Gulf stayed the night at Mew's house since the older didn't want him to go back home late at night. They spent the rest of the night, cuddling together, talking about random things, and of course Mew showering his boyfriend with soft little kisses. Mew didn't have to bother himself to call Gulf's mother and asked permission because Mew's mom already called Gulf's mom to let her know that his son was at their house. A week after Mew's birthday, both of their parents had a talk and decided to give them a green light to have their own apartment since both of them were already engaged.

Looking back on that night, Gulf was smiling by himself as he fed the cows. It was Mew's birthday and he went to the temple to make merit for him. In Thai tradition, people usually do merits at the temple by offering foods to the monks on their birthdays. He was supposed to visit the temple alone and do the merit for Mew all alone, but Mew's family thought about the same thing, so they went to the temple together.

"Are you done feeding the cows, Gulf?" Mew's mother asked him.

"Oh, yes I'm done mom."

She smiled. "I know what you were thinking. You suddenly remember about Mew's birthday merit last year, right? I can see it on your face. When I looked at you, you were smiling."