The Consequences

"Gulf..." New called the younger who's standing on the shore while following the waves of the ocean with his gaze.

When he heard a familiar voice behind him, Gulf put on a smile on his face. He turned to look at New from behind. "P'New~ what are you doing here?"

New walked closer and stood up beside him. "I saw you peacefully watching the sea, so I came to join."

Gulf gave a nod. "I envy the sea. It's so peaceful... and beautiful. Unlike my life, it's a mess and complicated."

New stared at Gulf. The younger's smile wiped out and his face was replaced with a sad look. "But you know that a mess can be fixed, right?"

"Not all."

"Maybe not all, but you can atleast try it."

"Then..." Gulf turned his head to look at the older standing beside him. "P'New, I have something to tell you."

He nodded. "What is it? I'm going to listen."

"Do you... still remember why I started to like the water?"

New squinted his eyes as he tried to remember it. They were in Khao Sok when Gulf told him about it. "I do. Your fiance who died from a car accident. He likes the water so much, right?"

"Right." He smiled when the older recalled it. "But my fiance didn't die."

"Aw!" New furrowed his brows. "But you said he died."

"We all thought that, but he survived. The only problem is that... he can't remember anything. He didn't know me anymore."

"Then... where is he now?"

Gulf stood up in front of New. He lifted his head and looked at the older straight in the eyes and said. "He's here. He's standing in front of me."

"He's here?" New mumbled. "He's standing..." He roamed his eyes around the area, looking for Gulf's fiance, but it was only the two of them at the shore. Then it hit him. The person that Gulf was talking about was him. "... in front of you." And his gaze fell upon Gulf. "I am the person standing in front of you."

"Right." Gulf said it softly. "You're my fiance... P'Mew."

New turned silent for a moment as he tried to sink in all the information. Then, he chuckled. "You're crazy. What kind of joke was that?"

"But I'm not joking. I'm telling the truth." Gulf insisted.

New shook his head at Gulf. "Gulf, I'm not your fiance. I'm not... Mew. And also, I have Kaownah. I like him. I can't just leave him and marry you."

"B-but..."

"I'm sorry, Gulf." New apologized before he slowly walked away from the younger. Gulf tried to grabbed New's arms, but New kept on pushing his hands away.

"Where are you going? P'Mew... come back! P'Mew!"

"Gulf?" First shook Gulf's body as he tried to wake him up in his sleep. Gulf was having a nightmare and he kept on shouting, making First to immediately ran at Gulf's room. "Gulf? Wake up! Gulf!"

Gulf woke up with a gasp. His eyes were full of tears while he was gasping for air. He looked around the room, searching for Mew. But everything was just a dream. First helped him to sit on the bed. "First?" He uttered weakly.

"Are you okay? You were having a nightmare."

"I..." Gulf tried to frame a sentence, but he couldn't and his tears kept on falling from his eyes. "I..."

"It's okay. Don't force yourself." First said it softly and lifted his hand up to wipe away Gulf's tears.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Gulf asked him.