Hidden Truth

While Gulf was thinking about stargazing in Maldives with Mew, he suddenly jolted in surprise when he felt someone placing a blanket on his shoulders and when he turned around, it was New.

"You might catch a cold. You're even wearing thin clothes."

"Pi... P'New..." He softly muttered. New just gave him a smile before he sat beside Gulf.  "W-what are you doing here? Why are you still awake?"

"Calm down, I will answer your questions. Just one at a time." New softly said as he let out a small chuckle. "I went down to get water at the kitchen and then I saw you going out and sat here all alone. I can't sleep, so I decided to sit here with you."

"Ahh~ so you can't sleep as well. Thank you for this by the way." Referring to the blanket that New put on him. Gulf held the blanket and wrapped it around him as he could finally feel the coldness of the air.

New hummed and nod as a response, then he took a glance at Gulf's feet dipped in the water. "I remember P'Tong saying that you don't like the water."

"Yes, I like the ground more." He casually answered.

"But you're dipping your feet like that. It seems like you don't really dislike water that much."

Gulf glanced at his feet dipped into the water and he snorted. "Hmm, I actually started liking the water."

"What makes you like it?"

Gulf took a quick look to New before he shifted his gaze to the lake in front of them. "My fiance..." He smiled. "He likes the water so much."

The clock read 12 midnight when First woke up from his sleep, he was about to close his eyes and went back to sleep when he noticed that Gulf's bed was empty. He looked around the room but there wasn't any presence of Gulf.

He silently got off from the bed and went out of the room to find Gulf. Since it's his family house, he could help Gulf if ever he needed something in the middle of the night. He tried to check him at Mild's room and at the toilet, but Gulf wasn't there. He went downstairs, he checked the kitchen and living room, but still he wasn't there. And when he looked outside, he saw two people sitting at the edge of the pool. It was New and Gulf.

He walked closer to the two, he wanted to ask them why they were still awake at that hour but he suddenly stop on his track when he heard New and Gulf's conversation.

"You... have a fiance? And he, he's a man?" Once Gulf let out that word, New was surprised that he quickly turned his head to Gulf.

"You heard it right." Gulf heaved a deep breath and looked at New with downcast eyes. "I had a fiance and he's a man."

"Had?"

"I lost him... few days before our wedding."

"You lost him? Why? What happened?" He curiously asked.

The memories of Gulf after knowing what happened to Mew on that night flashed on his mind. He could still remember how broken he was that he almost ended his life. Looking back at it, Gulf thought that their story almost ended like Romeo and Juliet where Juliet faked her death and Romeo followed her thinking that the person he really loved had died. "He died from a car accident."

And that made New's mouth to slowly part after hearing it from Gulf. No wonder he could see sadness in Gulf's eyes. It's because he lost someone whom he's going to spend the rest of his life with.

On the other hand, Gulf wished for New to finally remember something with that little information he gave. But if not, he's still okay with it. He didn't want to put too much pressure on New in remembering his past life. If he could, he wanted to tell the older that his fiance didn't die and it was none other than him. But Gulf didn't want to destroy what he slowly built, especially now that they've slowly gotten closer to each other. He could patiently wait for the older to come back to him. He knew that he's still in Mew's heart and mind, but he was just covered by the new people in Mew's life.