Prologue

In the forest glades sat a figure. He was a young man of regal beauty and majestic features. Silky brown hair cascaded down his back, swaying freely in the air as the zephyr blew through the velvety locks. His skin was fair and flawless, like a newborn.

His posture, even as he sat on the grass, depicted proper etiquette training and his aura in general radiated with a regal glow. He was majestic, a sight to see. However, inside, he was torn.

Pale lavender eyes gazed at a bird nest sitting smugly in a tree branch not too far off from where he sat. The little hatchlings chirped as they opened their tiny beaks in expectation for the little bits of food their mother would surely bring. His eyes closed for a moment. That was what he would ever be, a bird.

A caged bird.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

His eyes snapped open upon the sudden vocal intrusion and he glanced at his side to look at the source.

A girl.

A girl with chestnut brown hair which was braided and wrapped into two buns on her head.

"It must feel wonderful for the little birdies to finally be free from their shells, free from their cages." The girl squatted beside where he sat and smiled absently at the chirping chicks, seemingly unmindful of the proximity and that he was a total stranger to her.

Finally be free...

How she spoke his mind, he never did know. He faced away from the girl and watched the tiny birds chirp away instead. He also wished to be free. However, destiny did not allow for it. He could never be free.

Never.

***

Hey! It's Star here. Thanks for choosing to read this story and if you're reading it again, I'm glad you loved it enough to do that. I am mostly clearing all the typos and filling out some plot holes in this editing process so there won't be that drastic of a change.

I hope you enjoy reading.

Disclaimer: None of the characters and pictures are mine. They belong to Masashi Kishimoto and various great artists respectively.

Pease vote, share, review and follow!