11

Guess who's hit 120reads? Yes me! Thank you all so much for supporting my fan fiction. UwU.

This chapter is dedicated to @AriSkye066

~ x ~

Neji opened his eyes slowly, barely registering the figure lying next to him until it stirred. The woman beside him did not awake, which made him relieved as he sat up very carefully on his bed. Tenten was there for him every day and night through his illness. That was nothing short of heart warming. She saw him through his weakest moments and was patient with him.

One of her buns had come loose, leaving a wave of cinnamon brown hair to cascade down her back like a glacier as she slept. She was beautiful. Neji reached out to remove the hair that fell over her face but his Aphrodite stirred awake. Tenten's brown eyes widened as she gasped and sat up. "Neji-sama, you are awake!" She exclaimed and touched his forehead.

That touch sent pleasant thrills down his back bone. He watched her as she compared his body temperature with her own and suddenly remembered something. Neji held her hands in place and reached forward to plant a soft kiss on her cheek. A satisfied smirk played on his lips when he heard her surprised, albeit guilty gasp. He was awake when she kissed his cheek which he was thankful for. Now he was sure that she wanted him as much as he wanted her.

"How am I certain that you did not molest me in my sleep?" Neji teased, trying to arouse that amusing temper of hers. It worked because she hit his arm rather harshly. "Itai[1]!" He complained.

"I see that you are up and doing to be able to flirt like that. Mataku, you seem like a prudent man but nobody knew that you had this side to you." Neji chuckled in amusement, the sound of which was music to Tenten's ears. The woman suddenly found herself holding Neji in a tight embrace. "I was worried, Neji-sama. It was not fun seeing you in pain, I do not want that." Tenten murmured.

Neji wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close, relishing in her scent. Too soon, Tenten pulled away. "I should fetch you some breakfast." She said gently.

"I liked the food you prepared." This made Tenten stop in her tracks and spin around. It was then she noticed that her hair was not in her usual buns and tied it back. Neji watched with enthralled eyes as her body flexed ever so slightly at every move she made. Naruto was rubbing off him and that was not a good thing.

"How did you know that I prepared it?" Tenten asked, snapping him from his perversely progressing thoughts. He caught himself with a cough and blinked twice.

"It tasted different from the meals I have been eating. Thank you for taking care of me, Tenten." The woman smiled and went out to get him breakfast. When she left, Neji sighed and made up his mind to strangle his brother-in-law to be whenever he arrived for influencing his thoughts.

The days that passed after that were not necessarily lovey-dovey but were close enough. Neji flirted and Tenten flirted back. The Prince had embarrassingly choked on rice when Tenten flirted back for the first time instead of a frustrated remark. The woman had laughed instead of helping him, it was a day that she didn't let him live down.

"Do you know how to ride a horse?" Neji suddenly asked as the both of them were coming back from one of his lessons.

"Er no." The maid replied. On the journey to the country of Whirlpools, she had walked unlike the royalties who rode in palanquins.