19

Much love to @Nidhi101_patel, @LovesNickAustin, @Tenny10-10, @Piggley009 and @BGauxSRI.

~ x ~

Neji entered the small shop with Moegi and a bodyguard in tow. The shop owner, a middle aged man who had specs of grey hair from stress, rushed forward to welcome him to his shop.

"Aoya your highness, it is an honour to have the crown Prince in my humble shop." The man was surprised that the prince even knew that his shop existed but Neji was one to recognize quality from miles away.

"Do no fret over formalities. I request your assistance and your expertise." Neji eased the man up from his bowing position.

"What does my lord need my hands for? I am but an humble servant who has learnt of his family's occupation which was passed down from several generations."

"Drop the formalities for you shall be my teacher."

The man froze. "I can not possibly be the teacher of an esteemed man such as you." Neji sighed. This man was not willing to drop the formalities no matter what.

"I request your assistance in weaving a bracelet." Neji requested.

"A bracelet? Aah but of course. Is there anything in particular you have in mind sir?" The middle aged man gestured him forward. He went along with Moegi and Ko, his bodyguard, further into the shop.

"I was thinking about something flexible and with red thread." Neji said honesty.

"Flexible and red, eh your Highness? Please come forward to pick the thread of your choice." The man ushered Neji to a section of the room which had several stands arrayed with threads of various sizes, thickness and colour.

"It's beautiful." Moegi commended.

"Is it not?" Neji replied. The man removed a series of red thread from a stand and set them in front of him. Neji felt through the threads, looking for one slim yet thick enough to make a bracelet that would hold stones. He found the one that fit what he had in mind and held it up.

"The shambala thread." The man observed. "It is a very good choice for a weaved bracelet and is flexible and light." He returned the stand of bright red threads to their normal position and disappeared behind a door. Neji used the opportunity to look around the shop which despite its small appearance was surprisingly spacious. He saw an array of beautiful beads ranging from glass beads to wooden beads. "Anything that catches your interest there, your Highness?" The shop owner emerged with a spool of red thread.

"Yes. I was wondering if I could weave beads into the bracelet." Neji said.

"Of course my lord. Please come to make your choice." The man dropped the spool and ushered Neji and Moegi into yet another compartment in the shop. This one had different beads of different natures, colours, shapes and sizes. "We have here the glass beads, wooden beads, stone beads, shell beads, pearls, marble and clay beads. You have to consider the girth of the thread you have chosen for the bead but for now choose a type that you would like."

Neji cruised the shop in search for a bead that would best describe what he felt in his heart. "This one, I need two of them."

"An amethyst. Beautiful choice, your highness." The man rummaged around for a while and came back with two amethyst beads. Their holes were fairly large so that they could pass through the thread easily.

"Thank you very much but I have some business to do. Please safe keep my chosen material until I come." Neji requested.

"Yes your Highness." The man bowed.