strait jackets

the fire nation princess breathed in. she breathed out. azula shifted around violently, she had enough of this tight strait jacket. the firebender sighed and looked down, she felt so lonely and abandoned.

  her two best friends betrayed her and joined her brother's side with that damn avatar. azula's last visitor was a doctor, no, all her visitors were either a nurse or a doctor, pretending they knew what they were doing.

  azula missed being able to wander around, she had forgotten how it felt to run around freely. not being able to move and being forced into drinking or eating had made her forget how lovely it felt to be free.

  surprisingly, the princess missed zuko and mai. there was only one person she did not miss, one person she never wanted to see again. ty lee. ty lee, the girl who chi blocked azula to save mai.

  azula still heard the acrobat's cheery voice every time she tried to think. the happy memories of azula and ty lee messing around and having fun often clouded the firebender's mind, this only made her resent the gymnast even more.

&&&

  toph let out a long sigh, she had spent the last 20 minutes thinking about the crazy sister of fire lord zuko. was azula still in the asylum? did she get any visitors? probably... not.

  "has azula and ty lee made up...? nah," toph muttered to herself quietly, as she stuffed more rice into her mouth.

  katara looked over at toph. what did toph say? the small girl has been mumbling and sighing for the last 20 minutes or so.

  "what was that, toph?" katara questioned, raising an eyebrow.

  "oh, nothing. just thinking..." was the answer katara got. she wasn't satisfied. the waterbender would just have to try squeezing it out of the little girl sooner or later. all that was on her mind at the moment was serving aang and sokka some rice and heading to bed.

  today had been a long, tiring day for katara, she had been washing clothes, training aang, cooking, cleaning and while she did all of this, she had to make sure sokka and aang didn't do anything outrageously stupid while her back was turned. katara handed sokka a bowl of rice and immediately started trudging to her bedroom.

  "hey! katara! where you headin'?" she heard sokka call out.

  "to my bedroom, if that's okay with you, sokka the mighty?" katara smiled lazily and waved a hand to show she was about to depart. a random thought occurred to her as she pulled on her sleepwear.

  how was azula? is she still in that asylum? katara shrugged and laid down, her last thought was about ty lee, has the acrobat and the fire nation princess fixed their friendship? doubt it. zuko asked if azula had any visitors. the doctors didn't have any record of anyone coming in to see the crazy princess. katara nodded off silently into a deep sleep.

&&&

  the fire lord glanced uneasily at his girlfriend. it's been a year since the avatar defeated the previous fire lord ozai, zuko's father. azula, zuko's younger sister, was helping ozai with his plan to take over the world. after ozai was defeated, azula was sent to an asylum. zuko hadn't seen her since, but he wanted to visit her very badly.

  how come mai didn't miss azula? well, azula did try to kill mai... but why? zuko knew his sister was slightly insane, thanks to their father, but he wouldn't have thought that ozai had driven every bit of sympathy out of his sister.

  azula would be turning 15 in exactly 4 days, maybe zuko could convince the doctors to let her out. he could invite ty lee, but would azula be comfortable with seeing ty lee after what had happened at the boiling rock?

  no, he didn't care if azula was comfortable with seeing the gymnast or not. she and ty lee will make up, even if zuko had to force them. thinking about it, ty lee's birthday had already passed. the acrobat apparently had a wonderful 16th birthday in the earth kingdom.

  which was, of course, deserved. she and the other kyoshi warriors have been working hard.

  the fire lord made up his mind. ty lee and azula would both see each other for their birthday, even if it was a little late for ty lee. they will forgive each other and move on. they really need to forgive and forget, even though zuko knew it wasn't easy.