"in memory of azulon."

"don't talk back to your superiors..."

"don't try me."

"don't do that, lee! you coulda hurt lao real bad!"

"don't try to do what i did, lil sis, you'll never be as good as me."

"don't! dad! lee's tryna hurt me!"

"don't hurt lin, lee!"

"don't. don't. don't."

"stop shouting at me!" ty lee yelled, covering her head with her arms. she had awoken from her bed, sweating immensely. she felt fairly vulnerable, which didn't please her. panting, she slid off her bed and began to change, changing into her favourite pastel red clothes.

as she slipped on her shoes, she sighed and wondered whether anyone heard her random outburst. ty lee opened her bedroom door to find the rest of the girls in the house all staring at her from their bedroom doors.

ty lee widened her eyes and flushed bright red, she tried her best not to look abnormal or suspicious.

"u-uhm... why are you all looking at me?" ty lee stammered, closing her bedroom door behind her with a little click.

"we heard you shout something like 'stop shouting at me', we were scared something was happening to you," katara replied, with a sort of worried look a mother might have when her kid had been hearing voices.

"oh... i'm sorry if i woke you all up. did the boys hear?"

"no. they're all sleeping like rocks. and toph," suki remarked, waving her hand airily as they all trooped downstairs. they headed out into the lawn, where large hedges and bushes hid them out of sight.

"where's azula?"

"oooh, is wittle ty lee afraid her wittle girlfwiend's not okay?"

"don't make me hurt you."

"haha, okay, okay, azula went off somewhere a while ago," mai stated.

ty lee furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head, "she's gone?"

"mhm," said mai, who seemed to detect the worry and sadness in her friend's voice. "but don't worry too much, she'll be back soon."

"where'd she go, anyway?" katara asked, sitting down on the soft grass. mai opened her mouth, but closed it, thinking of a good enough lie.

ty lee knew that face all too well, she pulled mai aside and placed her hands on her hips.

"spill it," ty lee demanded. mai seemed quite taken aback by the level of straightforwardness from her friend.

"no."

"oh c'mon!"

"mmm, no."

"can't a girl want to know where her crush is?"

"one, that's creepy, by the way. two, if i knew, i wouldn't tell you."

"oh, wow. very helpful."

"i try."

ty lee groaned and dragged mai back to katara and suki, who both looked highly expectant. ty lee shook her head disdainfully, making the other two groan in annoyance. mai smirked and looked up at the sky, looking very suspicious.

ty lee pouted, crossing her arms and huffing. then a loud crash made her jolt. they all peered over the top of the shrubs to catch a glance at azula, looking pretty beaten up. they quickly hid again, exchanging worried looks to each other.

azula caught a glimpse of ginger, dark brown, black and light brown hair disappear from over the bushes.

she rolled her eyes and lashed out into mid-air with a slashing kick, the brilliant blue fire erupted from the sole of her shoe, slicing the top of the hedge off. it showed the tops of the girls' heads, they ducked and whirled round to face azula.