the flying bison ride

aang hopped onto appa and ushered azula next to him, he beamed and called out, "appa, yip yip!"

  azula's jaw dropped as she looked at the scenery, she smiled and looked down at the summer house. looked like ty lee and toph were mucking around, doing cartwheels and handstands. aang looked over at azula, he put down appa's reins and turned to her.

  azula made a worried face, she opened her mouth to speak.

  "don't worry, azula, appa knows where to go," aang cut the girl off, he smiled and stretched out onto the saddle. "so, anything you wanna talk about?"

  azula rubbed the back of her neck and huffed, "maybe."

  "oh, yeah? what?"

  "i think i might have a crush on someone."

  aang nearly choked on air, he sat up and looked at azula, clearly bewildered.

  "come again?" he asked, scratching his head, clearly confused. azula's rolled her eyes and frowned.

  "you know what i said."

  "sorry, so who's the lucky guy?"

  "girl."

  "huh?"

  "you mean, who's the lucky girl."

  "wait, what—? oh! you like girls?"

  "and guys."

  "right, so who is the lucky woman?"

  azula turned back to the scenery and sighed, she looked back at aang with a tint of pink on her cheeks. "ty lee."

  aang nodded and smiled.

  "expected that," he said.

  azula tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows out of confusion, "what do you mean?"

  "well, it's very clear that ty lee likes you, she admires you so much. and it's kinda clear that you fancy her, the way you sometimes stare at her is quite a sight," aang finished his sentence with a goofy smile. azula chuckled and ran a hand through her hair.

  "yeah i guess... when do you think i should tell her? and what if she doesn't like me back?" azula asked.

  "you should tell her tonight, when she gives you her gift, and don't worry, she definitely likes you."

  "if you say so... so what are you and katara planning to do for your anniversary?"

  "wha—?"

&&&

  ty lee, toph and katara sat down on the grass, just staring at each other. katara and ty lee cracked a smile and giggled. toph deadpanned and kept 'staring' ahead.

  "how do you do that?" ty lee asked, admiring how toph could be so still and not laugh.

  "12 years of seeing nothing and hearing weirdos giggling really does a number on you," toph replied, finally smiling.

  katara shrugged and smiled. "i mean, i would definitely start to panic if i heard people laugh but i can't see them."

  "boohoo, sugar queen is afraid," toph mocked katara.

  "no, i'm not!"

  "sure, sure, whatever you say, sugar queen."

  ty lee laughed and rolled her eyes at the two, her laugh died out as she looked down at the green plant life below her. she began picking blades of grass one by one out of the ground. katara raised an eyebrow. toph frowned.

  "why're you pulling grass out the ground?" toph asked. she turned to ty lee who was clearly confused about how toph knew what she was doing.

  ty lee then remembered toph's ability to feel the vibrations in the ground with her feet.

  "just thinking... i'm a bit stressed, to be honest," ty lee replied with a worried look on her face.

  "stressed about what?" katara asked, glancing at toph who was now laying on the grass, completely uninterested.

  "well there is this person i like and—" ty lee began.

  "we all know you like azula, cut the act and just tell us why you're stressed," toph cut ty lee off with a smirk.

  ty lee felt her cheeks heat up slightly, she pouted and nodded. "well... i'm going to confess to her tonight when i give her my gift."

  katara grinned and nodded, so did toph. ty lee kept on going, "but what if she doesn't like me? what if she rejects me? what if she even kills me for liking girls, especially her?"

  katara pulled ty lee into a hug and smiled. "don't worry, azula likes girl and boys, you'll be fine. have you seen the way she sometimes stares at you? toph and i try sooo hard not to point it out and get you flustered!"

  ty lee smiled weakly and nodded. she felt a lot better now that she knew azula likes boys and girls, she might actually have a chance at getting azula. let's hope the fire nation princess will like her gift.