hearts that skip beats

azula sat, waiting, for her girlfriend to appear again from the deep forest, but she waited in vain. she had had enough, she jumped up on a tree branch and continued jumping from tree to tree.

so this is what a camel-ape feels like, huh? azula thought as she scrunched up her nose. a flash of pink was seen in the distance, along with two muffled voices and the whistling of wind.

"c'mon! i thought you were the avatar!" cried a familiar cheery voice.

"hey! god, how are you so quick— woah!!" yelled a male's.

"faster!"

azula's eyes widened when she recognised the voices. it was ty lee and aang.

what are they... azula's face changed expressions as she got an idea of what the two were doing. ...no, she wouldn't do that to me, right? she felt tears forming in her eyes, her bottom lip trembled and she gritted her teeth.

the blue fire that was burning in her left hand's palm suddenly turned into a bright eccentric green colour, azula cried out in pain and grabbed her wrist, trying to extinguish it, but it shot from her palm and onto one of the trees.

the tree set ablaze in front of her, azula watched it burn and pass the fire onto the next. her face was expressionless, the usually bright and smug glint in her golden eyes dulled immensely.

she sighed and left, looking tired and hurt, but the emotionless dull colour stayed in her eyes, that were now watery with tears.

"woah, why is the forest on fire!?"

"the fire is green!!"

"the fire nation princess's girlfriend is in there with avatar aang!!"

"avatar! miss wang, are you two okay!?"

"yeah..."

"we're fine..."

"aang managed to put the forest out."

"thank you, avatar aang. we can't thank you enough."

"who set the forest on fire, though...? and the fire... i've seen it before, but i can't remember where..."

"really, ty lee? where?"

"that's the thing, aang... i can't remember."

everyone was shaken up about last night's forest fire. everyone, except azula, were sitting down at the table, waiting for the princess herself to come down and eat.

the food upon the table began to get cold. katara didn't even complain, she knew that something was wrong with azula. everyone did.

but no one, not even ty lee, knew what had happened to make azula like this.

after half an hour of waiting, a low grumble from everyone's stomach issued.

after a few chuckles, they agreed azula wasn't coming down to eat so they began feasting. ty lee barely touched her food. she picked up her bowl of rice and her chopsticks and began to go upstairs.

mai watched her best friend trudge upstairs sadly. she had no idea why azula would behave like this, but its effect on ty lee was alarming.

ty lee went into her room, closed the door and looked out the window.

the coast was clear. she grabbed the bowl of rice and a glass bottle full of a wonderful-looking, green liquid and jumped out of the window, she stuck the landing with a small thud and stationed herself below azula's window, which was two floors up.

ty lee wrote something on a piece of paper, folded it into a cute paper aeroplane, and threw it. it soared elegantly through the sky, when it flew into the princess's room.