"in memory of azulon.", 2

azula stepped down from the aircraft's ramp and onto the hard rock. her deep crimson shoes completed her outfit superbly, ty lee often found herself drooling over the princess. the wind whipped at the two girls' bare waists, legs and arms.

ty lee shivered slightly, hugging herself as she and the gang trudged up the walkway, heading to the hall. out of the blue, a warm arm enclosed itself around ty lee, who blushed and stared at the owner of the arm.

azula grinned and kissed the latter's cheek gently, guiding her into the hall. a warm, blast of heat hit all of their faces, ty lee sighed in relief and smiled.

aang, katara, sokka and suki departed to seat themselves at the table. zuko and azula, and their plus-ones, made their way to the front.

ty lee was beyond nervous, she didn't know that she'd have to get up on a damn platform in front of thousands of people with azula by her side.

she felt a small blush crawl upon her cheeks, as she stood beside the princess, who looked highly superior. many people began to murmur, ty lee caught few pieces of their sentences.

"is that princess azula's plus one?"

"the brown-haired girl is pretty."

"isn't that a bit disgusting? two girls together?"

"that's one of the hottest couples i've ever seen."

ty lee pursed her lips together, trying not to laugh, but she cracked a smile. as zuko finished his speech, azula punched the air above the audience's heads, a gigantic navy and brilliant blue dragon of fire exploded from her clenched fist to signal that the party had begun.

ty lee gazed at it and let her jaw drop. it was magnificent. she smiled and sat down next to mai and the rest of her friends at the table.

azula sat on ty lee's right whereas mai was sitting to her left. barely thirty minutes after they started to tuck in, ty lee got an ominous feeling something was going to happen.

at that moment, a hand gently placed itself on her right thigh. ty lee jolted so hard that her knees hit the table, making the dishes and plates jump.

everyone looked at her, while she smiled sheepishly and excused herself and azula to the bathroom.

"what was that for?" ty lee demanded in a higher-pitched than her normal voice.

azula shrugged lazily and smiled. "just wanted to see you all flustered. now if you'll excuse me, i'm hungry."

azula tried to leave but ty lee put her outstretched arm in the way of the door. azula raised an eyebrow and sneered, she grabbed her friend's hand, pulled her out of the bathroom and along the corridors of the resort that the hall belonged to.

ty lee ran along with azula, but she had difficulty understanding just where the other was taking her.

"'zula, where're we going ?" ty lee asked breathlessly. all she got back was a "just wait."

azula stopped outside a set of swinging oak doors. she pushed them open to be greeted with the late-night breeze. ty lee stared that the garden before.

it was a part of the resort she never cared to venture. azula took her hand gently and began walking at a slow pace. ty lee beamed and walked alongside her girlfriend.

"anything you've got to say?" azula whispered softly.

"yeah, i got one thing to say." ty lee replied.

"what is it ?"

"i love you. so much."

azula smiled and kissed ty lee softly, eventually going down her neck and leaving slightly visible pink hickeys.

&&&

"where the flameo have you two been?" mai asked, putting her cup of green tea to her mouth and taking a sip.

"having fun," azula responded with a smile.

ty lee flushed bright pink and hit azula playfully on the arm.

mai's eyes went wide and she sprayed the green tea in her mouth all over the table, she clapped her hand over her mouth to stop herself and started coughing. after clearing her lungs, mai stared incredulously at her two friends.

"you... what?"

"we only went for a walk." ty lee stated,

"why?" mai asked, pushing a bowl of cold served spicy ramen in front of the two.

without thinking, azula said, "because i couldn't stand being with you for two minutes." and began shovelling the ramen into her mouth.

ty lee slapped azula's arm and whisper-shouted "don't be mean!"

mai smirked and rolled her eyes. "by the way, you and your little girlfriend are supposed to tell everyone to go to bed in about... five minutes so better eat quick."

azula cursed under breath and gave mai a death stare.

ty lee, being in the middle of the two, just sat there, trying not to be picked on.

once it was time, azula grabbed ty lee's hand and pulled her up on stage. she punched the air, sending a large explosion of blue flames to get everyone's attention. everywhere, eyes were on her and ty lee.

"i thank you for coming in honour of my grandfather. i am happy to announce that the ones that wish to sleep here overnight can freely do so. no charge, it's on zuko and i. did everyone enjoy tonight?"

someone from the crowd shouted, "your majesty! is that your girlfriend?"

azula looked taken aback, but nonetheless, she smiled serenely at ty lee, who smiled innocently back.

"...yes, she is my girlfriend."

most of the crowd wolf-whistled and clapped for the announcement.

&&&

ty lee hugged azula's waist and cuddled closer in the bed. azula rolled her eyes and smiled.

"i love you, ty."

"i love you too, 'zula."

&&&

'zula, 'zula, look!

woah! that's so cool, ty!

i know, i... got it for you!

what? wow, no way!?

mhm!

awe! it's amazing, i love you, ty.

i love you too, 'zula.