Chapter 3: Dio the Pacifist Part 3

It was around the mid-summer of 1882 and I was about to see Jojo face his opponent at the boxing ring.

The ring announcer introduced Jojo in the left corner, which caused a crowd to roar with excitement as if they were at the stadium.

"He's looking stronger lately." the announcer complimented Jojo with confidence while I waved to Jojo in the back of the crowd.

When the announcer announced who was going to be Jojo's opponent, I was mentally startled by the fact that he will be facing my look-alike; but I know that Jojo can defeat him after we've trained for a day.

"You can do this, Jojo!" I yelled as loud as I can so he could notice me, "Remember what we've learned!"

The boxing match started and Jojo made the first strike to my look-alike's face, but the jab missed! Jojo tarted to jab him again and again, but every jab he threw were nothing to the look-alike.

"Jojo!" I yelled again to get his attention once more, "Get ready, he's about to jab you in the gut!"

My look-alike stepped forward for an unexpected low jab, but Jojo leaned back and got into his blocking stance before he crossed his right elbow towards his face so he could block the attack just like what I taught him a day ago. The blonde was startled at the way Jojo blocked that one ambush like it was nothing; right when he was about to make a move, Jojo successfully went in for a counterattack to the face.

I was so amazed when Jojo countered the killing blow as the opponent was sent flying upwards and then later planted to the ground in defeat. The crowd cheered loudly after the announcer officially declares that the opponent is down and ran up to Jojo, asking how he countered the attack with agility. I ran towards him and triumphantly gave him a surprise hug.

"You did it!" I cheered with a single tear of joy leaking from my eye, "I'm so proud of you, Jojo!"

"We did it." Jojo corrected me while looking at my rejoicing expression with gratitude. "Thank you for helping me win the match."

My look-alike scowled at Jojo's victory pitifully as he tries to get up from the ground,

Blast it, he thought with envy, I wasn't able to steal the life of Jojo! I thought that my goal of turning him into an empty husk was within my grasp ― wait a minute... Was it because of that so-called twin that caused me to loosen my grasp!? Damn him... How dare he ruined my opportunity to steal the fortune of the Joestars!?

A couple of days later after the boxing match, Jojo sat on the tree branch and watched me play fetch with Danny on the riverside. While I was about to throw the stick, some boys were walking down the valley.

"Hey!" Jojo greeted them loudly so they could hear him, "What are you doing? Come here! Let me join in on the fun!"

The boys ignored Jojo and called him a snitch, which caused him to rush at them with fury.

"Jojo!" I ran to him and worried his temper a bit as he barked for the boys that he never squealed on anyone. "Try to control your emotions. I know they're trying to mock you and make you feel bad about yourself, but you need to try and ignore them. Trust me, there are many ill-mannered people like them in this world - especially those who were born in London. You will never know if these people will hurt your feelings again, but for now just try to stay calm."

Jojo wasn't even focused at my words; he heard the boys called him Jojo the Squealer and made him have a short fuse before rolling down the hill of green.

I came up to him and saw his hopeless frown as he lies down on the grass.

"I know how you feel about those plonkers gutting your life." I said to Jojo while I leaned right next to Jojo, "Back in my actual days, I used be cheesed off by these people in my hometown, which was in London."