Chapter 11: Hamon Suite ~ First Movement ~ Vivace con l'Energia del Sole

(Slight violence warning)

Over the next week, we studied the arts of Hamon under Zeppeli's lectures. JoJo was struggling a little from training this unknown energy; I wanted to help him worry less about the strenuous work, but I had to focus on my hamon breathing.

After a couple of days, we took a break from training so we could hear about how the stone mask and I was shocked about the artifact being found in the ruins of Mexico as well as Zeppeli's ill-fated past when he used to obtain the mask for research. He says that he has to find a way to stop its evil in which he stumbles upon the power of hamon.

Later while Zeppeli was demonstrating zoom punch on JoJo, Speedwagon arrives to tell us that about a handful of people disappeared in the village of Wind Knight's Lot after dark.

"Speedwagon!" I said as I got up from the rocky patch and walked up to him, "How did you know about this?"

"I'll tell you later," he replied before he offered me some folded clothes from his bag, "for now, Erina told me to give you this."

"For...me?" I looked at the folded clothes and see shades of blue and cyan peaking in the back of the dress-shirt, the trousers, and the fingerless gloves.

"Erina made these clothes herself and she wanted to give you them as a farewell gift." Speedwagon explains.

I looked up to Speedwagon and nodded my head.

"Tell her that me and JoJo said farewell to her as well."

We all then traveled on a carriage all the way to the village tunnel, but it stops unexpectedly as soon as we were half way through the route. It appears that JoJo and the others knew that Dio was nearby....wait, Dio's still alive!?

I peeked from the carriage to see Zeppeli perform his hamon cutter on a shirtless man that project knives from its flesh and used his sendo wave kick to the head without spilling the wine in the glass.

How did he manage to attack with style and grace? I thought, There is no way he did that...

"JoJo," Zeppeli warns as he passed him the glass, "If even one drop of vino goes to waste, I will abandon you here and now!"

"I will do my best!" JoJo accepts the challenge; it appears that he defeated that creature without a drop of wine spilling with the power of hamon. I gasped in amazement as I hear him yell Sendo Hamon Overdrive with determination like a battle cry.

Incredible... I mused with wonder, He used his sendo to knock the hell out of that pin cushion...but how? Wait, he used the ripples from the wine glass like a radar so he could pinpoint the target! I've never seen someone used hamon like this before...

We finally arrived at the village of Wind Knights Lot where the farmers harvested their wheat and the streams are tranquil enough to perform the arts of hamon. Zeppeli offered Speedwagon a little bit of hamon.

"Un migliaio di scuse, my dear Speedwagon." Zeppeli apologized as the man gasped for air.

"In English, please." Speedwagon wheezed before we saw a boy snatch Speedwagon's bag of money from mid-air.

"Oi!" Speedwagon yelled at the lad that was climbing on the rocks, "Bring it back!"

Zeppeli placed Ondulazione on his hat before he produced hamon nearby the stream with his hands to create a pathway from the water's ripples. I watched carefully on his movements so I could study his way of using hamon and then stood nearby the water, performing an allegro on my violin. Ripples formed in front of me and made a similar path for me to walk on. Zeppeli looked at how I conducted hamon and was amazed to see that I was using it from not only my breathing but also my sound waves that are emitted from the violin itself.

"Sfarzoso..." Zeppeli made a commentary at my unusual technique with reverence, "he managed to use his hamon on his violin to create ripples in the water melodiously like a music number a musician composes."

The boy could hear my music as I gracefully walked on the rippled path towards him. The frogs appeared out of the water and followed the bliss of the musical strings with a strong interest until JoJo leapt towards the stream, scaring them away with a sudden stomp of his boot.

"JoJo!" Zeppeli advised him in a clear voice, "Try to bolster your hamon for the sake of your wardrobe."

Meanwhile when the lad was about six feet above from us, I reached land and walked towards him with my allegro coming to a close. He stopped climbing and wondered where the music was coming from right before I finished my allegro without making a single mistake. My bow slowly withdrew from my violin while I released my chin from the chinrest.

"Bravissimo, amico mio." Zeppeli complimented me, "You managed to conduct the path of the ripple without missing a single note. I see that you wield the violin as your arma preferita. Violins are made from wood and its strings are originally made from catgut, therefore it can conduct hamon beautifully and in an unusual variation when you intersect the bow with the strings."

JoJo came towards the cliff and swiftly hits the wall with an overdrive to blur the lad with light from above, sending him falling down until JoJo catches him from hitting the ground.

"Molto bene." Zeppeli flattered JoJo's use of hamon.

"Lad," JoJo looked at the boy, worrying that he overdid the overdrive, "are you alright? Did I use too much hamon?"

"W-what are you talking about?" The lad asked in confusion before I looked at the sun falling down the peaks of the cliff.

We all gasped in shock when we realized that the village turned into a graveyard. The hands from the dead gripped our ankles tightly like handcuffs while Zeppeli explains that the lad lured us here due to his hypnotized state.

"There!" Speedwagon alerted us as his finger pointing at the silhouette on the top of the rocks, "It's him!"

I looked above and gasped louder than JoJo and Zeppeli because I know that the silhouette standing above us like a ruler upon its servants was nothing but Dio Brando himself!

< To Be Continued |\/\|