Chapter 13: Hamon Suite ~ Second Movement ~ Grave Valzer con i Non Morti Part 2

(Slight violence warning)

I started to sweat with fear when I witnessed the furious fight unfold, but JoJo managed to call upon his Scarlet Overdrive to free his hand from the tangling knots and fought Blueford underwater. Me and my comrades cried out JoJo's name while Dio fade to the shadows with a feeling of pride and success.

A few minutes later, Blueford was sent flying upwards from JoJo's overdrive from under the depths of the stream. We all spectated the fight unfold as JoJo performed his overdrive barage before he was tangled by the knight's hair and hurled to a tree trunk. Speedwagon had a hunch to help the gentleman as much as I do, but Taruskus was towering behind us menacingly to the point of intimidation.

I looked back to JoJo and gasped with awe as he tore free from Blueford's locks and kicked the sword using metal silver overdrive to melt the knight's arm off.

"How my heart resonates," JoJo's voice is filled with pure determination as he charges up his hamon at maximum power, "I'm pulsing with heat and life. My very blood is a symphony within me! SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!"

His barrage was incredible! I thought with wonder, The way JoJo conducts hamon lively flows just like the climax of an orchestra!

JoJo fell on his knees and spared Blueford with mercy. The knight was redeemed and offered JoJo the sword with honor before he dissolved into ashes.

After an honorable moment of silence, Taruskus crushed the dignified suit of armor and caused the cliff to crumble away. JoJo and Zeppeli used Life Magnetism Overdrive and told us to grab on to the dead leaves. I tried to include my hamon to the glider as Poco and Speedwagon grabbed on to the men.

"We're flying!" Poco was in awe while Speedwagon asked Zeppeli how he knew the arts of hamon in the first place.

Zeppeli, at the age of 20, went to India where he discovered a young doctor who knew about where he taught hamon. He crossed into Tibet and met Tonpetty to learn the arts of this mysterious energy. He was told that his fate was sealed after he wields the power of hamon. Zeppeli couldn't tell us about the flashback but I could sense his silent tragedy just by his expression alone. Taruskus suddenly leapt towards the glider before we made a leapt towards a platform of the Lair of the Two-Headed Dragon.

"Something's odd about this door..." JoJo opened the door with suspicion, but he wandered into the collar trap that made him choke himself towards the ceiling. The doors were locked up tightly; Zeppeli and Speedwagon tries to knock the door open, but I told the men to stop knocking the steel entrance until kingdom come.

"Wait," Speedwagon pointed out towards a lever, "I think pulling on the lever will open this door."

"Zeppeli," I said, turning my head towards him, "don't you have your froggy to help you? I mean, look at the gaps separating the bars on the door. Speedwagon is able to fit his arm through the gaps; therefore I believe that your frog can fit through them as if it was going through a tunnel."

"Dio mio..." Zeppeli realized when he saw the door gaps, "you're right, amico mio." He took off his hat so Ondulazione would be shown sitting on his head before he placed the froggy onto the door gap.

"Vai ora, Ondulazione." Zeppeli told the froggy gently, "The lever is on your left and I want you to leap on it so it can move."

The froggy croaked and crawled through the gap of the door before it lands on the floor without taking fall damage. Taruskus heard the croak coming from the door and attacked the frog with a single stomp, but Ondulazione lept on to the monster's foot and paralyzed it with hamon before it sprang for the lever. Speedwagon and I were awestruck as the froggy managed to harm the monster using a bit of hamon.

"Incredible..." Speedwagon gasped, "that clever froggy managed to crawl through that door and deliver a paralysis attack on that devil!"

Ondulazione stood on the lever and nothing happened, which was a shock knowing that it takes more than just one frog to make the lever pull down.

"W-wait..." Speedwagon noticed that even though the frog was on the lever, the door is yet to be locked, "Why is the door still locked?"

"Frogs are very lightweight," Zeppeli explained, "so if you put one frog on a balance scale, they won't have any effect on the scale. If only there were more frogs present so the lever could move much easier..."

I played a Hamon Minuet on the violin gracefully when I realized that frogs are attracted to my music.

"D-Dmitri," Speedwagon yelled at me with confusion and a bit of frustration, "what the blue hell are you doing playing on the violin!?"

"I think he's playing the violin as a strategy to call upon more frogs while at the same time he's distracting Taruskus to release the chains that held JoJo in place." Zeppeli speculated.

The rhythm coming from my music sent out hamon sound waves long enough to not only cause Taruskus to take some damage from the left of his eardrum, but it was also loud enough to signal tens of thousands of frogs to leap upwards to the battlefield of torture.

"W-where are these pests coming from!?" Taruskus startled in distraction as he saw frogs appearing out of nowhere and leaping towards the lever. I told Poco and Speedwagon to carry the frogs to the door gaps as they saw some of them leaping towards the door with an echo of croaks synchronizing with my music.

Strabiliante, Zeppeli glanced through the door with awe from the amount of frogs entering the lair and distracting Taruskus with their croaks and leaps, Dmitri managed to draw more than a handful of frogs in to the lair to help Ondulazione switch the lever with more force! This ragazzo is a genius!

After my minuet was complete, I withdrew my instrument while about 128 frogs moved the lever downwards and unlocked the door. Zeppeli knocked open the door after the lock clicked.

"That was amazing!" Poco gasped with amazement, "I wouldn't know how the man played the violin so beautifully!"

"I believe that he played the violin at around your age, lad." Speedwagon explained to Poco, "He's been practicing on that instrument for years and was skilled enough to compose some pieces of his own and imbue them with hamon to create a harmonious bane against the immortal fiends as if a siren lures its sailors to their fate."

"You are as creative as a functioning lightbulb, amico mio." Zeppeli praised me before he turned his head towards the front and progressed into a much more dire tone from an ominous silence.

"Infine..." he muttered as he walks towards Taruskus with determination, "fate is a fickle mistress..."

In the scene of Zeppeli's fate unfolding, there is no doubt that he would accept this destiny in the name of the holy spirit. He has nowhere to turn back, he has nothing to lose but his own life, he has no question that he will rely to only his gallant funeral plans. I would know that this was Zeppeli's fateful night to close the curtains ― or will it?

< To Be Continued |\/\|