Chapter 12: Hamon Suite ~ Second Movement ~ Grave Valzer con i Non Morti Part 1

(WARNING: The following may contain blood, gore, mild swearing, and violence. Y'ALL'VE BEEN WARNED!)

(Notes from the writer: Did you know that Grave means very slow or serious in music? This word will be mentioned as well as other musical tempo terms just like Vivace (Lively), Allegro (Fast and bright) and so on.)

"D-Dio..." I gritted my teeth as my eyes peered towards Dio with fear and anger.

"You will not live to see the sun rise once more!" Dio's voice boomed in the dark loudly as if a lion claims its pride upon their prey.

The undead rose from their graves slowly while I began to perspire from one of their hands gripping on to my ankle. Speedwagon was shivering in fear from having Dio's cold eyes pierce through his soul while Zeppeli explains about Dio's advantage in the dark. Dio calls out more moldering knights to attack us until brutality is served.

I snapped out of my fear and kicked the rotting holder off of my ankle before I drew out my violin and bow with the anticipation to fight.

"This way, my friends," Zeppeli told us as he ran towards the rock where Dio was standing, "andiamo!"

We all followed Zeppeli while we fought through the zombies with the power of hamon. JoJo used his zoom punch on the zombie's face on the right while I played a melodic tune to disintegrate the other rotten bastards on the left with the soundwaves coming from my violin.

Zeppeli stood near Dio and looked at him with courage as he pointed directly to him.

"Dio Brando! JoJo, Speedwagon, and Dmitri have told me much. To the mask that allows you to act out your evil heart, I'll break you this time!"

Dio revealed his fangs and hissed menacingly before Zeppeli snaps his fingers for attention.

"Hey, baby!" Zeppeli yelled "Come at me!"

"You dare to address me thus, insect, I, the pinnacle of creation?" Dio objected in vain, "I am like unto a god!"

Dio pushes me, Zeppeli and JoJo away with his dark aura that was enough to intimidate the living's souls away. We all stood strongly against the impact; I quickly withdrew my violin and blocked the blow with my arms covering my face in an X position while the others defend with their feet planted tightly to the dusty floor.

"Tell me," Zeppeli testifies Dio, "how many innocent lives do you consume?"

"How many loaves of bread did you have you eaten in your lifetime?"

Dio's savage taund left us startled with a hunch to fight the vampire. JoJo yelled out Dio's name, but Zeppeli told us that he'll fight the vampire himself and launched himself upwards towards the rocks.

When Zeppeli was about to use his Sunlight Yellow Overdrive, I gasped when Dio froze Zeppeli's arm and caused me to have my headache return. I wanted to squirm from this reoccurring pain, but I kept it together enough to concentrate my breathing and ran towards where Dio was preparing his Coup de Grâce. JoJo blocked Dio's fist from hitting Zeppeli's palm while I was in mid-air to spectate the fight unfolding. Dio froze JoJo's hand without having to struggle through the attack before he pierced through Zeppeli's knee with only two fingers.

"B-baron Zeppeli! Jo-" my headache intercepted with my cries as soon as I landed on the stone tower that was almost behind the vampire. I gritted my teeth to bare the throb and looked down for a split second before my vengeful eyes fixate on the doppelganger.

"Y-you bastard..." I muttered through my teeth with anger and drew out my instrument again while Dio looked behind and noticed me heavily breathing.

"Well well," Dio smirked, "look what the cat dragged in."

"This ends here now, Dio!" I yelled as I pointed my bow at him like a sword, "I have no regrets that your cold heart would be no more after I defeat you!"

Dio lets out a laugh to assert his dominance upon me before he taunted me.

"And what if you end up like your futile comrades, all struggling with only their arid arm and lacking a way to circulate their hamon through their veins?"

"There's always another way to use the power of hamon."

I controlled my breathing before I began to play Hamon Grave on the violin, hoping that Dio would receive some damage from my soundwaves ― it appears that he blocked the attack with his dark aura.

"Is that futile uproar all you got!?" he taunted, "You have to try harder!"

I kept playing the violin louder without stopping myself from being hit by the impact. The echoing harmonic trills were loud enough to break through the shadow barrier and leave a scratch on the vampire's palm. The lad (who appears to be called Poco), and Speedwagon stared in awe as I managed to use hamon on Dio without making a single physical contact with him.

"W-What!?" Dio hissed with shock, "How the hell did this imbecile used hamon upon me without using a single limb!?"

"Since we're the same person from different universes," I replied with the music still flowing gracefully from my violin, "we can't make physical contact with each other. If we do, then one of us would intersect one another to the point of becoming extinct by a split second."

"Well, if you say that, I would have to summon my minions to attack you from where you're standing!"

The zombies came out of the ground and climbed towards me, but I jumped off the rock and attacked them with a knee to the face followed by a flurry of kicks to the torso. After all the zombies were defeated, my Hamon Grave was complete; I released the bow from my violin slowly before I heard JoJo complain about his cold hand and Speedwagon still panicking about Zeppeli's arm. I ran up to them quickly so I could see what happened to their cold wounds.

"Is everyone alright?" I asked worriedly.

"The baron and JoJo can't circulate hamon through their body," Speedwagon replied, "Dio drained out the moisture from both of their arms! What are we supposed to do?"

The ground quakes right when I was trying to inspect how bad Dio hurt JoJo and Zeppeli five minutes ago.

"You should save your breath!" Dio snickered as he stared at us with a malicious grin before he calls upon the dark knights from their graves, "Taruskus! Blueford! Arise, and fight at my command!"

Two knights dug up from the debris in which one of them is lifting the stone that JoJo was on. We startled when we saw their presence as if they would strike us any second now. Dio explains that the knights were once casualties of Queen Elizabeth's fatal machinations before he ordered them to attack JoJo. Speedwagon thawed Zeppeli's arm unusually with his abs while I glanced at JoJo getting attacked with shock. Even if I spectated the battle with my own eyes, I couldn't find a way to assist my comrades.... What am I supposed to do now that Dio's victory is within his reach?

< To Be Continued |\/\|