Chapter 5: Consolation from an Angel

(This will be the most wholesome chapter so, bring tissues!)

I sat on my bed with my arms hugging my knees as I sobbed for my empty mercy like a child who mourned for forgiveness from the Lord.

I'm an insufficient monster... I thought with a lack of hope that clouded my right path, I wasn't good enough...all I wanted to do was to save JoJo's life, but...now that I caused this disaster...my virtuous nature was worth for nothing... I'm nothing but a fallen god; a fallen god that would suffer after one single mistake...a fallen god that tries to do good, but would eventually be turned back on...is this what it feels to be a mortal again? Is this what it feels to reject one's own divinity?

A door let out a knock for attention before I turned my hopeless head towards it.

"Dmitri? Can I please come in?" JoJo's voice mumbled behind the door with a clear but caring voice that would get my attention, but I ignored his call to hide myself from what I thought it might be a confrontation.

I let out a hopeless sigh and closed my eyes for a few moments so I could settle down and prevent the grief from brainwashing my path like a sandstorm.

"Do what you must..." I murmured with a shivering tone from bursting into tears for too long.

JoJo came in and saw me curling up on my bed. I looked away from him with regret as he came closer to me.

"Dmitri...?"

I kept looking away from him hopelessly.

"I'm not upset at you for what happened earlier."

That soft phrase made me look at my brother's comforting face. His expression was as gentle, almost angelic whenever he tries to make me feel better.

"I know that you didn't mean to emotionally lose your mind; sometimes, people lose their tempers whenever someone is about to do something terrible...just like you said. My father used to act like this when the other boys taunted him and ruined his day...that was before he learned to play the violin to ease out his anger. He didn't know how to control it until he met my mother at the age of fourteen. As love sprang for the two of them, his temper subsided into a wisp of pure serenity. My father told me how he met her when I was five and since then, I began to think about her still being there for me if she was alive."

I saw his eyes begin to tear up from his mother and began to let my tears flow out of me again.

"Dmitri...don't cry just because it was your fault for coming here." Jojo wiped my tears away from my cheek with his thumb as he tried to smile through his sorrow, "You came here because you cared about me more than I can remember...just think about the time that you helped me win that boxing match...you did so much that would make me feel happy..."

My tearful ambers met with his hopeful sapphires before I looked to the side and sighed.

"I tried the best that I can to save your life from Dio..." I murmured, "but I'm afraid that I would eventually mess this opportunity up...to stop this madness from corrupting your legacy...to prevent the fires of hell from disintegrating your optimism and happiness...to undo the mistakes that I once did so I could live a better, alternate life as a human being..."

"You don't have to feel bad about yourself, Dmitri. Life is hard for the two of us, but I know that you're on the right path ― a path that would make you understand who you truly are on the inside even when the negativity corks your heart. You are going to be alright... I really mean it with all of my heart... I cared about you as much as you do now that we know each other for about a year..."

My heart began to glow from his honesty in his voice.

"I love you as a brother...and I will never leave you alone, Demetrio Brando..."

I burst into tears and hugged him with my free hands wrapping his shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Jojo..."

Jojo wrapped his arms around me and let his tears flow freely.

"No needs to be sorry...I will always forgive you no matter what..."

I cried tears of consolation when Jojo came to my chamber to soften my sorrows. He had a heart of gold and a gentle smile of a dove; I feel as if I was comforted by an angel up in Heaven. He was a blessing that I never knew I would actually obtain in the past. Without the consolation from an angel, I would lose all of my hope; I would fall into despair again and suffer a meaningless consequence that would corrupt me over time.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

                                                                                                                   Isaiah 41:10

< To Be Continued |\/\|