ch 36

Todoroki Pov

I watched as Mina and Uraraka took the man standing next to Isabella's father outside. With Uraraka faking a nervous deminer and Mina holding onto her. 

Then I saw Isabella's father fall asleep, with Emilly commenting that he had to much to drink. Her grin told a different story as her husband rolled his eyes fondly and held onto her waist. 

Finally, I saw Isabella. 

She was in mint green, ball gown talking with three grown men

She was in mint green, ball gown talking with three grown men. My breath hitched as she tucked a small strand of hair behind her ear. 

Her eyes were dazed, yet she looked completely in control of the situation. I could hear her laughter from across the room, and my heartbeat sped up. 

Then the spell broke, she was still laughing, but her eyes were clear, her posture was instantly sharp. She curtseys to the men and walked over the table that contained drinks. 

Uraraka and Mina must have finished there job. The sedative the Emilly gave them must have worked. 

Her eyes scanned the crowd, passing over her winking aunt, and landing on me. 

The room disappeared as my focus was turned to her. She smirked at me and made a small curtsey. I couldn't help the chuckle rising in my throat as I bowed back. She giggled into her gloved hand and heat rushed up to my neck. 

I walked over to her and stood next to her acting as if I was getting water. Making sure that no one looked over at us. 

" Did Emilly make the list?" She asks while drinking what I assumed to be punch. 

" Yes, now it's time to leave," I say and grab her hand in mine.

Isa Pov

" Yes, now it's time to leave" Shoto states taking my hand in his. My heart is pounding as we walking out the balcony. The ballroom was on the 4th floor so the hight wasn't that bad. 

" Isa!" Izu states from below me. I grab onto the railing and grin at him. 

" Hey, brother" I smile and my heart pounds. My stomach churns, as I look up. 

" Izu gets out of there, someone coming," I say as I lead Shoto to the ballroom again. I hear Izu punch someone in the back of my mind and resist the urge to go and help him until a small explosion hits my ears. 

" That is our only way out," Shoto tells me and I smirk. Emilly is the type of person to always have a backup plan, Izu knows what to do. 

" Not if your me," I say and motion him to follow me. 

I lead him through the ballroom again this time going up the stairs. 

" When I was a kid me and Izu would never like these party's so Emilly always made sure that this staircase was open so we could take a breather and escape," I explain as we walk up the 3 flights of stairs. 

It was a small balcony that gave me a clear view of the city, and sky. The stars we breathtaking and Shoto took an intake of breath next to me. I tightened my hold on his hand and was turned to face him. 

His eyes met mine as I took a small breath. 

Before I could react his lips were on mine. I could feel his hand comb through my hair as I closed my eyes and kissed him back. 

What was probably a minute or two felt like an eternity. 

He placed his forehead on mine. His breath visible in the cold night. 

" I missed you," He tells me and I wrap my hands around his neck. 

" So did I" I answer and kiss him again. 

We jumped off the balcony to meet the rest who had regrouped and shared a smile. 

Mina and Ocho, Izu and Kachan, Finally Shoto and I. 

This is home. This is family.