Suspension

I walked back to the class with my both hands in my pockets. Choosing suspension was better than being in a gross, messy, smelling class with some other bunch of criminals which I know I'm not.

Cleaning a leaking room and wearing wet pants lurking around the school like am proud of being a detention student. Hell No!

I walked back to the class. Tyler and Echo we're waiting for me. They jerked up when they saw me. I'm sure they heard what happened cause I don't want to repeat what happened. I was a fool trying to fight for another fool who couldn't stand up for himself. Was he my boyfriend or what? I'll never fight for him ever again.
"I'm suspended for a week. Guess wrong things are trending as good things now right? I said bluntly. I picked up my bag and walked out.
"Don't be mad June, you know Guy is a jerk, he could have stood up for himself instead of making you stand out there " Tyler said.
"Exactly "Echo joined in.
I turned back and looked at my new friends standing up for me.
"You know what? Am not mad at him I just feel overprotective. Thanks guys, am over it now, I guess staying at Doncaster's for a week is gonna be amazing " I said.
"I'm gonna come over after classes to stay with you. Promise! Echo said.
"Me too "Tyler said smiling.
"Its fine guys, C'mon let's go"I smiled as I led the way.
Fourth grade students gathered around the Maryland statue playing. We walked out of Maryland school. Tyler greeted some of his male friends close by.
"June" I heard my name behind me.
I saw Guy and Richie coming up to me. I folded my arms as they came closer.
"Hi Richie! What Guy? I changed my tone after hailing Richie. Richie giggled and sighed.
"I told you man, she's mad at you"Richie told guy.
"Of course I'm mad at you! I said. Tyler and Echo gave me a "are u been serious "look. "
"Okay I'm not mad, but why didn't you back up for yourself?
"I don't know, am so confused right now. I told Brooke, I'm not interested in her anymore" Guy said.
"Wait! You we're interested in that spoilt brat? Woah, you are some being you know"I said.
"Well I was... But not anymore okay? "Guy said.
"Its fine
"Am heading home with Tyler and Echo, wanna come or are you heading elsewhere? "I asked Guy.
"Nah, am not coming home with you, and why are your friends coming over?

Can't they?
He shrugged his shoulders and left.
We flagged down a taxi and got in. We soon arrived Bakersfield. We had to walk a little before reaching my house. So we walked down the street.
"Wow this estate is beautiful right Tyler? Echo said.
"Of course, see the colors "Tyler said clutching his bag pack and turning around. "Been here once "he mumbled.
"What was that? "I asked him smiling, already knowing what he said.

Nothing.

We soon arrived my house. It was silent and messy. Charlotte would have cleaned this up. Empty chips bags lurked around the room, it was like there had been a party in here.

"Woah, a messy house you got here"Tyler said and landed in a sofa nearby.
"Wait but this is not how I left this house.... Charlotte!!! I called out.
No answer.
"Who is Charlotte? Echo asked, walking to the TV set.
"Our maid.
"Guys maybe I should tell you this"I said twisting my hair anxiously.
"And what is that? Tyler asked curiously. He literally wanted to know every single thing happening in my life.

'Well....? Echo turned around from the television curiously too.

'I think this house is haunted'.

Echo's eyes flew from where she was on me. Tyler clutched his bag tighter and glared at nothing. They looked frightened. I decided to lie and say that what I said was not true.

'Um...

'What? "Echo jumped and ran to me.
"Do you mean like this house is like a..

Horror movie? Tyler completed.

'Yes' i said confused.

They laughed.

"Its not funny guys. I mean the last time I saw two girls which I never saw AGAIN!!. I screamed.

"Okay calm down June"Tyler said trying to suppress his laugh.

"Are you serious right now"? Echo laughter ended when she saw I was really serious and nervous.

'I am'. I slowly sat down and placed my hands on my fore head.

"Okay, calm down echo. Don't freak out. Don't freak out! Echo paced around trying to calm herself.

Tyler just looked at me. He had stopped laughing. He sat down beside me. "So tell us about it, maybe we can help"Tyler said.

Echo too joined us sitting down. I told them everything, from the day I stepped into this house, to that basement to the girls to the dream I had.

Tyler flinched, Echo sighed and cursed. "So you mean your aunt has been dead for years now? "Tyler asked.

'Seem so, Tyler 'Echo replied.

"But we are gonna act normal cause I don't want Guy to find out, if not he will kill me or do something crazy "I told them.

'Why? Who's he anyways? Just some jerk who doesn't even know whether his aunt is dead or not. Who knows! He may be dead too'. Echo slammed.

"Don't say that, echo. We just have to find a way through this. Tyler said, dipping his pinky finger in his mouth.

Echo's eyes ran upstairs towards the basement side. "Guys did you hear that noise?
"What did you hear echo? I asked her.

She started moving slowly, climbing the stairs, she looked back at us and signaled us to come with her. Tyler and I exchanged glances before climbing up with her. I could hear what she heard. It was like books falling or something. I didn't want any adventure coming up to me or us, or mostly not now. I just wanted my friends to be safe and to explore high school.
The door of the basement made creepy noises as we stepped in. It was still as dark as it was. That door to the seventeenth room was still locked.
"Guys, that's the door"i whispered to them.
"Do you want us to go in there? "Echo asked.
"Are you mad, we can't" Tyler said.
"We can, am curious, but am not sure we will be able to get in there. I said.
Tyler pleaded through facial expression but we ignored him.

We walked slowly, looking closely at any thing coming our way. The place was very quiet. Echo was leading the way, Tyler was behind me. Our hearts we're beating so fast as echo reached for the bolt.

"What are you doing here".