(6)

Picture of Tony Oller as Nolan

Jace's POV

Nolan was forgiving. I met up with him at lunch, silently looking at him to gauge his reaction. He just smiled at me genuinely, as if nothing had happened earlier. I smiled back, guilty for hurting his feelings.

"Look, man, I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Don't sweat it. You were angry. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you."

"No, you had every right; don't blame yourself."

We walked to our table and sat down. I glared at Kaleb so hard that my eyes hurt. He sighed.

"Still mad at me?" He asked.

"Now that possibly the whole school thinks I like Shane Cooper? Yes, I am mad!"

"Yeah, I heard it," Kane informed. "Everyone does know; news about us populars travel pretty fast."

I looked around to confirm that Kane was absolutely right. A lot of people were staring or glancing at me. Some had amused looks, others were disgusted. Jesus.

"This is all your fault!" I growled at Kaleb when I turned around.

"He's a dick, what did you expect?" Kane said, half defending his twin and half insulting him.

I grumbled something incoherent and looked towards the far end of the table. There Netty was, staring at me with a look of disgust and anger. She broke her gaze, stood up, and walked away. Ouch. That actually hurt my ego a bit.

Then came a surprise. Trevor Hughes. Not someone I was expecting. Trevor and I used to be friends. We went partying together, we caused trouble together, and we'd been inseparable. I once visited his house and heard noises from his room. He was stupid enough to leave his door open; probably since nobody else was home. I walked in to catch him in bed with a senior male basketball player- we were sophomores at that time. To say it was horrifying was an understatement. It was a disturbing image I could never get rid of, and of course I didn't want to be his friend any more. Even after he apologized for it.

Back to today. Trevor came storming over to me with a freshman looking boy tagging along. I guess that was his boyfriend. Gross. I stood up to face him but he kept a respectable distance from me. He better had.

"So you're gay now?!" He asked, attracting more unwanted attention.

"Say what you want, but I'm NOT homosexual!"

"That's rich! No surprise, you're a hypocrite! When I needed a friend you weren't there for me. You don't even deserve Shane if that's who you're madly in love with."

"Shut the hell up, Trevor! I'm not gay, alright, and I don't like Shane!"

Trevor smirked. "You just want everyone to think you're some badass jock that gets chicks and anything he wants. Well, let me tell you guys something! Jace is a lovesick, lowlife, cock sucking man whore with rashes and a red, boil-infested ass!"

I reacted quick, giving him a jaw breaking, bone cracking, ligament snapping punch. The way my fist connected with his face, man it almost made his boy friend cry. It felt good. You don't just insult me in front of half the school like that and imagine that you could get away with it.

Trevor grunted, stumbling back, but his boyfriend held onto him tightly.

"Jace! Stop!" Nolan came between the two of us. "It isn't necessary. Just stop." I didn't blame him, he wasn't so fond of violence anymore.

"Cmon, babe!" Trevor, holding his jaw, grabbed his boyfriend's little hand and dragged him away.

I turned around, red and angry, glaring at Kaleb once again. He didn't even defend me or tell everybody that this had all been a big joke. Unless, he didn't think it was a joke. Maybe he actually believed what he'd said. God, I wanted to snap him in half right now. But through all this overwhelming anger, one thing really hit me.