~11~

Kate Winslet as Mrs. Makreno (Jace's mom)

I woke up to the sweet sound of a soft melody that I thought I had been dreaming of. My eyes fluttered open only to see, through a blur due to sleep, Shane at his piano. I think he heard me shifting, because he stopped playing and came to my side.

"Good morning," he purred in my ear before kissing my cheek. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Mornin'," I replied sleepily. "What's the time?"

"It's only about ten o'clock."

I nodded and blinked before taking a good look at him, only in the pajama pants he wore yesterday. I, on the other hand, was still in my jeans but nothing else.

I groaned. "I fell asleep on you, didn't I?"

He smirked, remembering our hot make-out session, if I could call it that. I couldn't say I was surprised by the fact I made out with him; that was just something you would do with a really great kisser. "Yes, you did, but I didn't mind. I got to admire you in your sleep, even this morning, too."

I rolled my eyes and voiced my thoughts, "you're a great kisser Shane. Why Tyler cheated on you is beyond me."

Damn I didn't mean to say that last part. Shane seemed a bit surprised by it.

"Speaking of Tyler, don't tell anyone; it's one of my secrets. But, now that I'm in love with you," I subtly cringed when he said that, "there's something I need to do."

I watched curiously as he opened the drawer at the side of his bed and brought out a picture. He showed it to me and I immediately recognized it as one of their 'dating' pictures. It was the one I had caught Shane staring angrily at when I came over before, but I didn't know it was of him and Tyler. I studied the picture.

They were fourteen and looked it. Tyler looked overjoyed, almost as if he was without a doubt in love with the boy he was holding. He was positioned a little bit behind Shane, with his arms wrapped loosely around his neck. Shane held onto his hands and they were both smiling as if they'd acquired the world. Well, that's probably how they felt in that moment.

"We had first started dating there. It irks me how he seemed to be so in love with me then." Shane shook his head. "But, that was two years ago."

"Do you think a part of you still holds on to him?" I had to ask.

"A part of me still holds on to the memories, yes. But him? No... I don't love him anymore. In fact, I never did. It was infatuation, it never lasts. Love does. People get that mixed up."

I shook my head. "I really can't believe Tyler and Alan are gay. It just doesn't seem right. But then again, no wonder they always bicker."

"Do they?"

"Pfft, yeah! Like an old couple. I mean, we've been playing football since freshman year, then Alan came along..." My mind drifted before it dawned on me that that was how they met and started going out. "Alan had joined the team... and Tyler wanted to be his friend so bad it wasn't funny. Always by his side, doing everything the way he wanted, agreeing with everything he said. Damn, it makes sense now."

Shane nodded in confirmation. "So there you go. Tyler was in football by the time we started dating, and he wanted me to join because he thought I was really strong. After we had sex for the first time, he couldn't stop gushing about my biceps and abs and all that." Shane looked disgusted by the memory alone. So was I. I mean, not because they were intimate, but I was, you know. Jealous.

"Biceps, huh?" I gave a bitter chuckle. "During lunch at school last week, I remember when the guys were teasing Alan about getting beat up by you. Tyler commented on the size of your biceps. Alan retorted, saying of course Tyler would know the size since he got laid by you. And you know what? Tyler blushed. The other guys my not have seen it, but I knew there was some truth there. He hates Alan's guts for making him fall, for tearing at your relationship. And I'm telling you, I think he might still like you. Either that, or he still has hopes you'll like him again."