Take a Bite

Just want to take a second and thank everyone for all the love and support for My story which honestly was very unexpected. 

Also a super big thanks to EversHeart for taking the time to make my awesome new cover. I appreciate it. It looks beautiful :).

Picture of Elena to the right (Main character) 

Enjoy :)

---------------------------------

“Can you please take my table?” Sasha whines at me. I look over toward her for a moment before I go back to entering in the order I had just taken. “Why? So you can laze around?” I joke. She leans in closer to me, “It’s my ex boyfriend he’s been stalking me ever since I broke up with him. I’ve told him to stop bothering me but he just isn’t getting the hint.” I can tell by the tone of her voice that she’s feeling stressed. I press the enter button and then turn toward her with a sigh, “Which table is it?” I ask. 

She smiles at me with relief before grabbing a hold of my arm and pulling me to a place where I have a better view of the dining floor. She points her finger toward a table near the entrance where a man is sitting. He’s looking around and fidgeting a lot. I pat the hand that is holding onto my arm, “Don’t worry Sasha. I’ll take care of it.” I say with a smile. She lets go of my arm and pulls me in for a quick hug, “Oh my gosh. You’re the best! Seriously! When we get off work tonight I’ll take you out for a drink.” She let’s go of me and quickly offs toward the back room. 

I take in a deep breath and then head towards the table. The closer I got to the man the stronger the scent of hatred became. It was flowing off this guy in ways, no wonder Sasha was so stressed around him. I approached him with a fake smile, “Good evening sir. Would you like to start with something to drink or are you already ready to order?” He looks at me with surprise probably because I’m not who he had been expecting. His surprise quickly turns into frustration, “Where’s the other waitress?” he asks looking around the room quickly. 

I keep my smile, “Oh she is on her lunch break so I’ll be your waitress for this evening.” That doesn’t seem to sit well with him because he brings his fist down onto the table with a slam. I’m glad that the dining floor is full of people tonight the sound drowning out his little outburst. “That little bitch…” He whispers under his breath clench his teeth together, “She thinks she can make a joke out of me…” He’s clearly one of those humans who doesn’t take rejection well. I lean forward towards him, “You were already a joke.” I say down at him in a hushed tone so only he will hear me. 

He looks up at me with surprise again that I would say something like that to him, “Excuse me?” he questions in an angry voice. I keep my fake smile planted on my face, “I believe you heard me.” He pushes himself up out of his seat so that he’s standing up. He’s taller than me and I know he’s trying to use his size to intimidate me but he’s got another thing coming if he thinks that will work on me. I could rip him to shreds in two seconds flat if I wanted to. “I’m going to speak to your manager about this!” He growls down at me. 

I take a step closer to him, “No what you’re going to do is walk out that door and go home and you’re never going to bother Sasha again.” I say still smiling as I meet his gaze. I watch his muscles tensing and I know he wants to hit me, “She sent her friend to cover for her. You really think I’m going to be threatened by a little girl.” His corners of his mouth perk up into a phantom smirk. I loosen the cage on my wolf and I feel her lunging toward the surface, I will tear into the human’s flesh. He threatens us. She growls in my head. No! I say to her with authority, Let me handle this my way. I say a bit gentler and she growls but doesn’t do anything else. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before I respond.