Epilogue: In Light of The Full Moon

A week Later—

“Oh my god my feet are killing me.” I complain as Nana and Sasha drag in into another store. Sasha and Nana ignored me as they started grabbing clothes of the racks and holding it up to themselves. I sighed loudly, “I think I must have upset Mikhail there is no other reason why he would put me through this torture.” Sasha looked over to me with a sharp look, “Only you would complain when a man gives you a unlimited card and tells you to get whatever you wanted.” She huffs. I give her a dirty look as she turns her back to me.

“Although the fact that we have to be watched over like a bunch of little kids is annoying.” Nana says in a loud whisper as her eye flicker over to where Dante and Gideon stand outside of the shop trying to look inconspicuous and failing miserably. I smirked as I watched Sasha look over to them her eyes zeroing in on Gideon and raking over his body. Her eyes went to mine and I quirked one of my brows which made her frown, “Don’t look at me like that—“ She snaps and I hold up one of my hands in surrender but the smirk stays plastered on my lips. 

“Uncle Gideon is pretty cute. I can see why you watch him so much—“ Nana says looking over to Sasha with a mischievous glint in her eyes. One that I had become familiar being on the receiving end of it from her brother. Sasha’s face turned red at Nana’s words and she looked away from the both of us, “You two are acting like a bunch of hormonal teenagers.” Both Nana and I start laughing, “Well technically I am a hormonal teenager.” Nana responds which only makes me laugh harder. Sasha glares at her for a minute before a tiny smirk spreads over her lips, “Not a word of this to anyone. Ever—“ She whispers her eyes going back over to Gideon, “Especially to him. He’ll never leave me alone.” 

After they had sufficiently worn me down shopping they decided they wanted to get ice cream which of course I was all for. Nana, Sasha and I sat around the table eating our ice cream when I caught a weird scent on the wind. I started to look around, “Does anyone else smell that?” Sasha looked at me with a curious gaze, “Smell what Elena?” She asks but Nana starts to smell the air too and she starts looking around like I was, “No, she’s right there is a weird smell. I’ve never smelled anything like this before.” The both of us are sniffing the air like freaks and Sasha is looking between us and trying to smell for something weird. 

Dante and Gideon quickly appear at our table, “We need to get you guys out of here.” Dante says quickly. After everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks when someone tells me it’s time to go. I get the hell up and ready to go no more questions asked. Gideon came over to Sasha and grabbed onto her hand before he yank her up out of her seat making her drop her ice cream in the process. She looked down at the ice cream by her feet and then to him with a glare, “You better hope that my life is in some serious danger because I don’t joke around when it comes to ice cream.” She hisses at him. He starts off quickly toward where they had parked the car, “Woman I will buy you a whole ice cream store if you would just be quiet and do as I say right now.” 

Dante waits for Nana and I as we get up dumping our food into a nearby trash can. The scent seems to be getting stronger and I look toward it, “What is that?” I ask Dante as he ushers the both of us forward in a hurry, “I don’t really want to stick around here to find out Luna, so what do you say we get the hell away from here?” 

I nod my head quickly and grab onto Nana’s hand not wanting to let her out of my sight. Dante moved a head of us slightly leading the way quickly toward safety. Nana’s hand tightened around mine, “I have a bad feeling in my stomach Elena.” I look down at her to see her biting her lip nervously. My wolf whined inside of my head and I squeezed her hand, “Don’t worry nothing is going to happen. It’s probably just some bad garbage or something.” I suggest even thought I don’t feel very confident about that theory. There was definitely something out there and it was stalking us. 

There was a rush of wind and then Dante was flying backwards into and through a glass window display of one of the stores. Nana let out a loud scream and I threw her quickly behind me as the crowd erupted into screams. My eyes began to shift everywhere as I looked for the attacker but they were moving to fast for me to catch them especially with all the movement of the now frantic crowd. Dante rose up shaking his head slightly as he kept out of the store his eyes glowing as he searched the crowd. 

“Elena!” He shouted over the crowd to me, “Take Nana and get out of here! Go! Now!” His voice is dark and commanding. I don’t hesitate as I start pulling Nana through the crowd as my adrenaline starts rushing because the strange scent keeps coming and going. We were definitely being followed but all I needed to do was catch up to Gideon and Sasha. 

Mikhail! I called out to him in my mind frantically. 

 Elena, What’s wrong? He responds with a growl and it’s clear he can feel my distress. 

 We’re in trouble. Someone found us. I’m scared. And I was but I was trying to act brave for Nana because I didn’t need to freak her out. 

 Mikhail growled in my head. Elena, I am coming for you. And then the link was cut off between us. I felt some reassurance at the thought that he was going to come for me but until then I had to protect everyone because that was my job as Luna. I couldn’t turn into shrinking violet now, not after everything. I went to look over my shoulder to Nana and tell her that Mikhail was coming for us but as I did I was suddenly being ripped away from her. My body slammed hard into the hard brick of the building near us. Nana let out a loud shriek, “ELENA!” I shook my head slightly trying to clear my vision which had gone blurry from smacking my head hard against the wall. 

I pushed myself away from the wall and then a hand wrapped around my throat and lifted me up off the ground. Nana screamed again, “Elena!” And I looked into the eyes of a giant looking man and there was nothing there but darkness. I clawed at the hand gripping my throat as black dots began to grow in my vision. I let my eyes flicker towards Nana and saw that a young guy was holding her face his hands and staring into her eyes. I watched her eyes glaze over and then she feel forward into his waiting arms. Oh my god, they’re going to take Nana. I start to struggle more as the boy looks up towards me a smirk spreading over his lips, “It’s nice to meet you Luna. Sorry it had be under such conditions. Gabe—“ He looked to the big man holding me, “Put her down please.” 

Slowly Gabe lowered me to the ground releasing his hold on my throat. I collapsed to the ground coughing and choking for air. The young man gave me a tiny bow, “I apologize for the rough handling. Well we’ve got places to be unfortunately so we can’t stay and chat. Give your Mate my regards.” He flashes me a smile which reveal a set of fangs. Vampire! Then in a flash they’re both gone and so is Nana. My eyes widen in horror as I pull myself up off the ground and start looking in every direction but its clear that they got away. 

 Mikhail! They took her! I howl through our link. 

 Took who Elena? TOOK WHO? His growl is rough and angry. 

 Nana—They took her. My voice sounds weak and distant as my wolf comes to terms with the fact that one of our pack mates and mate’s sister has been kidnapped because I hadn’t been able to protect her. I could hear Mikhail’s howl of desperation ring out through the air. I’m sure everyone had heard it and knew something terrible had happened. Dante appeared in the crowd and our eyes met. He looked surprised to only see me and as he continued to look me over his eyes narrowed into angry slits.

We're going to get her back if it's the last thing we ever do! And those who took her will pay for what they did with there lives! Mikhail's Alpha command came to through loud and clear for all of us.