The Return of The Devil Touched Girl

The more the silver effects began to wear off the more I felt my wolf stirring and she seemed angrier than ever. The boy was navigating us through the turmoil as quickly as he could without drawing attention to us. I kept myself aware of our surroundings feeling like at any moment someone could pop out and attack us. When I caught fast movement near the left of us I put my hand on his chest to stop him. He brought us to halt, “Did you see something?” He asks and I nod my head my eyes searching the darkness for anyone but all I could sense of eerie stillness. I motioned for him to put me down. He seemed hesitant to do so but obeyed my wishes. Keeping his arm wrapped around me to make sure I was steady. 

The feelings that were racing through me were like I the day the vampire had attacked me in the house. I knew I needed to trust my instincts this time. I let out a low menacing growl from in my chest and the boy understood that something was wrong and I could feel the power of his wolf stirring inside of him. There a was a quick rush of air that passed near us followed by another one in front of us. I felt myself trying to turn, there might be one or there could be more than one. It was hard to tell with how fast vampires could move. All the movement cause a snarl to rip from the boys throat in a warning to whoever was trying to play games with us. 

The image of him ripping the Beta’s head off came to mind and I knew that this kid was deadly and powerful. When the movements stopped we both stood together hyper aware of our surroundings. This was not a good situation to be in. I mean I wasn’t up to fighting form and while I didn’t doubt the boy’s ability to fight I didn’t think he would be much of a match against more than one vampire. I heard faint laughter and turned my head towards the sound and out of the shadows walked a pale looking woman, “You dogs are endless sources of entertainment.” She says with a smile, “Don’t you agree Maven?” She asks and I hear faint footsteps behind us and look over my shoulder to see another vampire appear out of the shadows, he looked about the same age as the boy next me. 

“I think they’re much more entertaining when they’re dead and bleeding.” His eyes narrowed and he hiss viciously at us. “Will you two stop playing games with them? we don’t have time to waist. Katherine said she needs us to be there when they take the Alpha.” My ears perked up to this and I turned to the third voice and in front of us far off was another vampire. He looked much more serious and distant then the other two who had been playing with us. I leaned into the boy, “You’re going to have to let go of me.” He understands this I can tell but he looks very conflicted, “I can take care of myself. Trust me.” I say and he reluctantly lets go of me and I am steady on my feet. Still feeling achy from the silver injection. 

The two of us get into fighting stances a nasty snarl ripping from the boys throat as he turned to face the girl vampire. I could feel the power shifting in him and I knew he was going to shift. He let out a howl when his wolf was fully released and then I heard the sound of snapping teeth and growling. I didn’t need to turn around to know he was fighting the vampire. I tried to keep my attention focused on my vampire and not trying to forget about there leader not standing to far off. The she had called Maven watched me with a dark expression, “Why aren’t you shifting wolf? You do realize I’ll kill you faster this way right?” I glared at him. 

My wolf growled in my head insulted by his words and him calling me weak. My eyes flashed to silver, “I guess we’ll see about that wont we.” His eyes narrowed and he flash stepped toward me but unlike before this time I was able to see his movements. I don’t know what was different this time but I easily dogged his attack that had clearly been his attempt to remove my heart from my chest. He wasn’t moving quickly anymore as he spun around to look at me, cocking his head to the side as a slow smile crept over his pale lips, “Interesting…” This time he came at me faster and it was harder to track him and I barely dodged a punch to the face. He let out a laugh of excitement, “Finally—“ He says and then he starts punching at me quickly and I’m having to focus all of my energy to avoid being hit. Thats when I realize that I’m playing a completely defensive game.