In The Neighborhood

I sat on the couch bored out of my mind. I think I had change positions at least twenty times by now. Mikhail hadn’t come back yet probably cause he was still butt hurt about the whole putting him to sleep thing. I smiled to myself. I wonder what Sasha is up to I hadn’t seen her or Gideon today, which seemed odd. I thought she would want to be there to see my first practice match. Oh well, I’m sure she’s probably just doing some ass kicking of her own somewhere, knowing her. I get up off the couch and start to inspecting the items around the room. 

As I continued to walk through the living room I started to get an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach like I was being watched. I tried to ignore it at first assuming it was my own imagination but when it didn’t go away I knew something was wrong. When I heard the sound of a door closing behind me I turned quickly expecting to see Mikhail or maybe one of the other Enforcers but there was no one there. 

I felt my heart rate start to speed up, Hey I think someone’s in here with us. I say to my wolf hoping to bring her to the surface just in case I needed to fight. I started walking forward towards the door when I say something flash out of the corner of my eye and I spun quickly towards it but there was nothing there. I heard the sound of something breaking behind me and spun quickly to see that a vase full of flowers had fallen of the side table near the couch and had broken. 

I walked towards the mess slowly my eyes search the room cautiously. When I stood next to the broken shards I squatted down to inspect it. Picking up a piece of glass bringing it close to my face to look at it. I chuckled to myself, “I’m being paranoid—“ I see my eyes reflecting in the glass and then I see a figure standing behind me in the reflection. Before I can react I am flying across the room into the wall with a hard thud. I coughed as I tried to take a breath after the wind had been knocked out of me. I looked up to see a man wearing a nasty smirk, “This is going to be far to easy—“ He says as he opens his mouth flashing a set of fangs. Vampire. My wolf growled at the thought. 

I tried to push myself up the wall but he moved faster than I could process and had his arm pressed against my throat and holding me against the wall. It was already hard enough for me breath. He looked into my eyes, “I don’t know what you did but whatever it was you really pissed Katherine off. That was your first and last mistake little wolf.” He hissed in my face baring his fangs. I realized I was still holding the glass shard in my hand and I tightened my grip on it. I used my strength to bring my arm up and shank him with it in his shoulder with as much force as possible. He released his hold on me with a painful growl. While I had him distracted I pushed myself into the wall and threw my legs up kicking him away from as hard as I could. 

He went flying across the room hitting the couch and tipping it over. They both hit the ground with a loud thud. I coughed as I took in some ragged breaths. The vampire pulled himself up off the ground and pulled the shard out of his shoulder tossing it to the ground, “You little bitch—“ His eyes trained on me like daggers. 

“I don’t know who the hell Katherine is but you and her—“ I take a ragged breath, “can go ahead and kiss my furry ass.” He leaps over the turned over couch with the grace of a jungle cat. I watch him closely, Alright, I really don’t feel like dying today so how about we work together. I say to my wolf and she lets out a low growl. I’ll take that as an okay. The thing about vampires is they are fast it’s hard to keep your eyes fixed on them when they’re moving. That’s why I decided to make the first move. I ran towards him ready to tackle him to the ground but he flash stepped out of the way. He was behind me and had grabbed me by my hair snapping my head back at an awkward angle. I growled in frustration my eyes taking on there silver glow.